Need appliance parts? Call 877-803-7957 now or use the parts search box:

Parts Search

Isn’t it time to know what you don’t know?

Click here to check out our structured, online appliance repair training courses for rookies and experienced techs.

FAQs | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Podcast | Contact

Stay connected with us...

Samurai on Facebook - become a fan today! Sign up for our free newsletter and keep up with all things Appliantology. Subscribe to our YouTube channel for lots of appliance repair tips and help! Follow the Samurai on Twitter and get timely morsels of Appliantological Wisdom! Subscribe to our MST Radio podcast to learn secrets of the trade.
drbrain

Refrigerator

9 posts in this topic

I must purchase a refrigerator and am seeking wisdom from "those who know and know that they know."  I am seeking the truth (which will hopefully be in the form of a top-freezer with ice-maker that is less than $600).  Any assistance for this humble novice would be greatly appreciated.

Many thanks.

Need appliance parts? Call 877-803-7957 now!

Not a problem. You can buy a nice Whirlpool or Roper ref. for about that amount or less.  Roper is just an economy line of W/P, just not as fancy.  Check with your local Lowes to see what they have.  Whirlpool/Roper/KitchenAid are the only brands I recommend.

I agree with pegi Whirlpool is the best bang for your buck

I'll 3rd that.

I'll fourth that.

Many thanks senseis. Your wisdom is appreciated.

A Sears Kenmore with a model number starting with 106. is a whirlpool built machine.

Most informative.  Thank you very much for the tip.

Yes, the Kenmore ref. with the 106 prefix is a Whirlpool ref., but I did not list that brand because then he would have to deal with SEARS (K-Mart) for any warranty issues.  Would not wish that on anyone, especially now with the Sears/A&E mess after K-Mart bought out Sears. The techs are leaving in droves.