Check out our online tech training courses at Master Samurai Tech…

Click here to check out our structured, online appliance repair training courses for rookies and experienced techs.

FAQs | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Podcast | Contact

Stay connected with us...

Samurai on Facebook - become a fan today! Sign up for our free newsletter and keep up with all things Appliantology. Subscribe to our YouTube channel for lots of appliance repair tips and help! Follow the Samurai on Twitter and get timely morsels of Appliantological Wisdom! Subscribe to our MST Radio podcast to learn secrets of the trade.
dryerman45

FRIGIDAIRE FROM HE DOUBLE HOCKEY STICKS

7 posts in this topic

Dear Samurais,

I have an Frigidaire model # FFHS2622MS3.The dispenser panel is intermittent.I pulled the cover off and if you move it around it lights up and then doesnt.Iam refering to the selector light.Anyway,the ice maker cycles but doesnt fill with water,and the dispenser works some times and then it doesnt.It goes with the bad connection.I have replaced the triple valve assy with new diode kit and also the display control board only to discover this bad connection.Has anyone else run into this scenario..Iam thinking the connectors that go to the display board are the culprit.Please help me!

Thank you,

SAMANERA

Need appliance parts? Call 877-803-7957 now!

How's the voltage at the wall outlet?

Iam thinking the connectors that go to the display board are the culprit.

This would explain the blinking lights but not the ice maker failing to fill. Have you checked the ice maker fill tube to make sure it's clear and doesn't have an ice plug?

Does this unit have a main control in the back rear left? If so I've had bad connections in the wire harness in that area

Thanks for the replies,

Iam goin to go back next week and try again.I will check to see if there is an ice plug in the fill tube.I forgot to mention that the water pressure to the unit is weak and the customer is suppose to have aplumber come out to fix that.I am goin to try to find the bad connection .The reason this job seems to be difficult is that Iam dealing with a difficult customer as well.Is it me or does it always seem to be that way.Its like the appliance Gods dont like them either

SAMANERA

I don't have difficult customers 'cause as soon as one turns out to be difficult he is no longer a customer. It' s hard enough working on some of these appliances and I'm too old for bull crap.

Which control did you replace?  Intermittent dispenser problems could be caused by the dispenser control board P/N 242053503.  Check connections at that board and the wire harness at the top hinge.  Most problems I've had with this model have been broken water dispenser actuators and dispenser controls.  With the low water pressure the fill tube behind the icemaker could be blocked as Samurai advised.  I've seen a few issues with new digital main controls as well.  Usually not cooling or flashing displays.