Need appliance parts? Call 877-803-7957 now or use the parts search box:

Parts Search

Dumbstruck by the new computer-controlled appliances? Let the Samurai enlighten you…

Click here to check out our structured, online appliance repair training courses for rookies and experienced techs.

FAQs | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Podcast | Contact

Stay connected with us...

Samurai on Facebook - become a fan today! Sign up for our free newsletter and keep up with all things Appliantology. Subscribe to our YouTube channel for lots of appliance repair tips and help! Follow the Samurai on Twitter and get timely morsels of Appliantological Wisdom! Subscribe to our MST Radio podcast to learn secrets of the trade.
bodybysmith

Kenmore FL washer 110.4646250 will not fil

8 posts in this topic

We recently reset up our Kenmore FL washer 110.4646250 and it will not fill with water.  We did get 3 washes out of the unit, then it stopped filling on the 4th.  When the water would normally come it you just hear a low humming noise. Any suggestions?  We have had trouble with this washer from the day I purchased it and we have a service warranty but the people  can not get here for 2 weeks to look at, then they will diagnosis and it would be about another 2 weeks before someone can come back with parts and fix it.

thanks for your help

Need appliance parts? Call 877-803-7957 now!

Have you verified that you have good water pressure right up to the connections on the back of the washer?  A good test is to turn off the water supply valves, unscrew the hoses from the back of the washer, place them into a sink or bucket and turn the water supply valve back on.  

If you're using Floodsafe hoses, get rid of them-- they are a common nuisance for stopping water supply to the washer when there is no actual flood.  

thanks!  the water pressure is great.  Not sure about the hoses. They are brand new, I don't believe they are FLOODSAFE, but will check.  How would I know? (they are the silver colored ones)

Floodsafe-hose.jpg

wow!  we have flood safe, I will go get a new hose set and try...keep you posted.  thanks!  fingers crossed that this is it!

You can install the FS hoses in reverse of the instructions and the water will not be restricted.

We switched the hoses to our older ones and now the machine works FINE!!! thank you so much!  Now if you could only solve all the other "problems" in our life that simply. 

I wonder what the appliance repair man from Sears would have said....