Need appliance parts? Call 877-803-7957 now or use the parts search box:

Parts Search

Begin your journey to appliance repair mastery…

Click here to check out our structured, online appliance repair training courses for rookies and experienced techs.

FAQs | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Podcast | Contact

Stay connected with us...

Samurai on Facebook - become a fan today! Sign up for our free newsletter and keep up with all things Appliantology. Subscribe to our YouTube channel for lots of appliance repair tips and help! Follow the Samurai on Twitter and get timely morsels of Appliantological Wisdom! Subscribe to our MST Radio podcast to learn secrets of the trade.
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Tuco

Weil-McLain oil boiler P-WTGO-4 water recirculation motor runs on

5 posts in this topic

The hot water recirculation motor drones on for long periods ,  before and after the boiler fires up.

This electric powered water recirculation motor is mounted on the top right corner a few inches above the boiler. It is wired to the main power off-on switch as is the Beckett oil blower.

I can't figure out why this motor runs sometimes for hours , then shuts off, to do it again later. I don't know what controls this motor.

Is this normal? or What can I check?

This boiler heats my house hot water and floor board radiators for house heat. (house thermostats currently  off for the summer)

Need appliance parts? Call 877-803-7957 now!

The problem is the contacts for the "Circulator" motor are sticking.

They are located in the "Triple Acting" Aquastat (Gray Box)

Remove cover and locate C1 and C2. Remove wires Circulator should stop.

You will need a new Aquastat

Thanks Bobice,

Found the aquastat and the relay for C1 and C2. Worked the relay gently with a screwdriver and sprayed the the aquastat board and relay with electrical contact cleaner(  garage is very dusty). I will watch the boiler operation for a few days. And start budgeting for a new aquastat($200-300).

Thanks again!

Thanks RegUS . Up loaded it. Good to see you guys.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0