Need appliance parts? Call 877-803-7957 now or use the parts search box:

Parts Search

Dumbstruck by the new computer-controlled appliances? Let the Samurai enlighten you…

Click here to check out our structured, online appliance repair training courses for rookies and experienced techs.

FAQs | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Podcast | Contact

Stay connected with us...

Samurai on Facebook - become a fan today! Sign up for our free newsletter and keep up with all things Appliantology. Subscribe to our YouTube channel for lots of appliance repair tips and help! Follow the Samurai on Twitter and get timely morsels of Appliantological Wisdom! Subscribe to our MST Radio podcast to learn secrets of the trade.
Angie Page Jarosz

Getting to ERC on JKP14 wall oven

3 posts in this topic

I have a GE JKP14 wall oven w/ F3 error.  After reading through forum posts, it seems a good idea to check the resistance after the unit has heated up to know whether the sensor response is non-linear.  Can someone tell me how to get apart the front panel?  I've removed the top trim piece, and the top screws--the panel will come forward, but is connected by some screws that aren't so easy to access along the bottom, so I'm thinking there's probably an easier way to disassemble.

Need appliance parts? Call 877-803-7957 now!

Turns out all I had to do after taking out the two screws underneath the top trim was to pull up--it was just sticking after years of use.  Looks like the connector was making poor contact too, so far I was able to turn on the oven for 1 hr at 450 and then again at 400 for 45 minutes.  Let's hope it stays that way!