Need appliance parts? Call 877-803-7957 now or use the parts search box:

Parts Search

Troubleshoot modern appliances with confidence…

Click here to check out our structured, online appliance repair training courses for rookies and experienced techs.

FAQs | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Podcast | Contact

Stay connected with us...

Samurai on Facebook - become a fan today! Sign up for our free newsletter and keep up with all things Appliantology. Subscribe to our YouTube channel for lots of appliance repair tips and help! Follow the Samurai on Twitter and get timely morsels of Appliantological Wisdom! Subscribe to our MST Radio podcast to learn secrets of the trade.

Whirlpool Duet Sport Washer troubles

7 posts in this topic

I pressed the PAUSE/CANCEL button with about 5 minutes left in the final spin cycle.  The washer stopped and the door unlocked.  After putting in a new load of laundry I pressed the power button and it powered up normally, but when I pressed the START button it beeped once and then powered off.  I selected all the other cycles, including DRAIN/SPIN, but the same occured for all.  I unplugged the machine for several minutes and tried again, but still it just powers off.  I did a diagnositic test and got and F01 code.  Any ideas?

Need appliance parts? Call 877-803-7957 now!

Model number??

I think this is it:

WFW8300SW04

I slid the CCU from its mount (without disconnecting wires) and hit a couple of times firmly with my knuckles, then reattached it.  I pressed the power button and then the start button and it started working. 

Replace the control board, you'll be happier in the end.