Need appliance parts? Call 877-803-7957 now or use the parts search box:

Parts Search

Troubleshoot modern appliances with confidence…

Click here to check out our structured, online appliance repair training courses for rookies and experienced techs.

FAQs | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Podcast | Contact

Stay connected with us...

Samurai on Facebook - become a fan today! Sign up for our free newsletter and keep up with all things Appliantology. Subscribe to our YouTube channel for lots of appliance repair tips and help! Follow the Samurai on Twitter and get timely morsels of Appliantological Wisdom! Subscribe to our MST Radio podcast to learn secrets of the trade.
RBR

Jenn Air Convection Oven: replaced heating element/fan, oven still not heating?

8 posts in this topic

Hi,

We are perplexed and need some advice, please. Through a diagnostician, we have replaced the sensor and control board for our Jenn-Air convection oven. Then the oven began working fine, but the convection was still not working on the oven. The diagnostician said the convection element was bad. We ordered the convection element/fan part and installed it ourselves last night. The element is not glowing red when in convection mode, and it took 30 minute to reach 350F in convection mode. Does this sound like a bad part?

Jenn Air oven model JMW9530DAB

Need appliance parts? Call 877-803-7957 now!

I believe there is a convection fan control board in the back of the oven. This could be bad.

We ordered from some sleazy company our diagnostician told us about.  I felt kinda dirty just talking on the phone with them when I ordered the part but they didn't say it was a refurb.... I contacted them this AM though.

I believe there is a convection fan control board in the back of the oven. This could be bad.

there seems to be only on model number JMW9530DAB29

what are the part numbers of the Controller and Convection Assembly you received ?

Does the convection fan run?  Might be a door switch or latch problem.

Hmmm, interesting thought! The door doesn't seem to close completely since the diagnostician took the door off to replace the sensor and board. Now the oven light often pops on at times and if we push on the oven door, the light will turn off. I can't tell if the fan is running....

Verified = all parts are brand new and under warranty :)

Interesting. My posts are changing like a mood ring ;) They are taking on a personality of there own!!!

Whoa, scary. I DIDN'T POST THIS COMMENT:

We ordered from some sleazy company our diagnostician told us about.  I felt kinda dirty just talking on the phone with them"

This was the post that I posted (below):

"When I ordered the part but they didn't say it was a refurb.... I contacted them this AM though."