Learn how to troubleshoot like a Master Samurai Tech...

Click here to check out our structured, online appliance repair training courses for rookies and experienced techs.

FAQs | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Podcast | Contact

Stay connected with us...

Samurai on Facebook - become a fan today! Sign up for our free newsletter and keep up with all things Appliantology. Subscribe to our YouTube channel for lots of appliance repair tips and help! Follow the Samurai on Twitter and get timely morsels of Appliantological Wisdom! Subscribe to our MST Radio podcast to learn secrets of the trade.
pastorjoelcm

Kenmore tumble washer 41747102700 bearing problem

6 posts in this topic

Hi, do you have a service manual for 41747102700 kenmore washer?  I have a friend whose washer was making a really loud noise & started to leak as well.  Now it is not working at all.  They think it is the bearings.

Do they sell just the bearings or do you have to replace the whole back including the bearing?

Any tips or thoughts before I jump into this?

Thanks.

Need appliance parts? Call 877-803-7957 now!

If its leaking then the tub is probably damaged. Most likely needs new basket, back half of tub and front half as well if its been rubbing, in other words...if not in warranty it's time for a new washer

I actually looked at the machine today.  No leaks.  Noises were a thump and squeal as you turn.  I completely took apart the machine even taking apart the front and back of the tub.  I hit a stand still when trying to separate the back from the basket.  I tried a wood block and a rubber mallet and the thing did not budge at all.  I ended up wailing on it as hard as I could and got it to move some but I cannot get the shaft through so I can examine the spider to see if it is bad or not.  I was able to notice an obvious wobble as I turned it and etches in the tub where the screws are hitting the tub wall.  I'm pretty sure its' the spider but not 100% til I can see it.  I would hate to toss it after all that work if it is just the bearings.  Any tips on getting the last part of the shaft through.  I had to hit it so hard that I believe the edges of the shaft have miss-shapen some.  Thanks

I hit a stand still when trying to separate the back from the basket.  I tried a wood block and a rubber mallet and the thing did not budge at all.  I ended up wailing on it as hard as I could and got it to move some but I cannot get the shaft through so I can examine the spider to see if it is bad or not.  I was able to notice an obvious wobble as I turned it and etches in the tub where the screws are hitting the tub wall. 

This tells you the corrosion has progressed to such an extent that you can't even get the parts separated.  This is exactly why professional Appliantologists will always replace the inner basket and outer drum as a set.  

Outer drum with bearings:  http://www.repairclinic.com/PartDetail/Rear-Drum-with-Bearing/131525500/407639?modelNumber=417.47102700

Rear-Drum-with-Bearing-131525500-0114267

Inner basket:  http://www.repairclinic.com/PartDetail/Inner-Tub/131618500/407854?modelNumber=417.47102700

Inner-Tub-131618500-01138081.jpg

Thanks for the advice.  I guess you can't win them all.  The upside is that I now know how to take apart a front loader and get to the different parts.