Isn’t it time to know what you don’t know?

Click here to check out our structured, online appliance repair training courses for rookies and experienced techs.

FAQs | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Podcast | Contact

Stay connected with us...

Samurai on Facebook - become a fan today! Sign up for our free newsletter and keep up with all things Appliantology. Subscribe to our YouTube channel for lots of appliance repair tips and help! Follow the Samurai on Twitter and get timely morsels of Appliantological Wisdom! Subscribe to our MST Radio podcast to learn secrets of the trade.
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
BMDUBS

GE Profile PDS22SBSLSS noisy fan/warm top and bottom

7 posts in this topic

Got home today to find that my GE Profile bottom frezzer fridge P/N:PDS22SBSLSS was making a noise from the middle of the back that sounds like a bad fan. As I have had the circuit board replaced last year, i decided to unplug it. When plugged back in the compressor started and the fan noise returned and stayed constant with out shutting off.

It seems like the noise is coming from higher than I can get to from the lower access panel. The fridge temp is 57 and freezer is 27 now condensing. Can anyone tell me what fan this is and whether this fan is the sole culprit here for both my compartments to warm up?

Also how does one gain acces to components higher up in the refrigerator on this unit?

TIA

Need appliance parts? Call 877-803-7957 now!

I got into test mode and ran the manual defrost and I got 3-4 cups of water out. When the fridge reset, I heard the compressor come on and the fridge sounded normal. I am assuming there may have been some ice that the evaporator fan was rubbing on causing the noise? I will wait and see what happens to the temps as they are still around 57/27

...PDS22SBSLSS

check that model number again ?

PDS22SBSLS

PDS22SBSALSS

PDS22SBSCLSS

PDS22SBSDLSS

PDS22SBSBLSS

PDS22SFSDLSS

PDS22SFSALSS

PFS22SBSDSS

PDS22SFSCLSS

PDS20SBSDLSS

PDS22SISDLSS

Hello?.... You two, yeah you Bmduds and Sensei Reg, sir (respectfully)

You guys just got to have a long talk and hash this thing out. Nevermind, you already did: :whistling:

http://appliantology.org/topic/34445-ge-pds22sbslss-issue/?hl=pds22sbslss

Ginko Bilbo.. uh... Grecko biloba.. no... Rocky Balboa? Damn! I forgot what you call that stuff and if I can ever remember where I put my bottle, I could tell you. Anyhow what I'm trying to ask is "memory pill, anyone?" Now what was I talking about again? oh yeah, it's a good model number http://products.geappliances.com/ApplProducts/Dispatcher?REQUEST=SpecPage&Sku=PDS22SBSLSS

Could be a bad damper motor which is located in the base of the multi-duct on the back wall of the refrigerator section.  Should be able to access by removing the shelves and center mounting track.  Might be able to defrost and reassemble.  Could still have a problem with the evaporator fan motor since the temperatures in both sections are not as cold as they should be.  Life's Good!

Durhanm, not too sure what you are getting at? If it is that you think I should have added to my original post for a different problem then my bad. I elected to start a new thread as the problem is totally different then I experienced before.

Needless to say, since I have done the service mode defrost, all seems to be fine today so i will keep an eye on it...

I just found it humorous that

1. You wanted information regarding evap fan access... yet Reg posted a diagram of your model in the previous thread which showed evap fan access

2 Reg questioned the accuracy of the model number ... yet Reg posted a diagram of your model in the previoud thread which showed evap fan access.

Although, I wasn't specifically stating it, if you had added to or even referenced your previous thread:

1) it would have eliminated any confusion.

2) Prevented repeat questions and/or answers

3) Significantly reduced the research time of masters wanting to help (contrary to popular belief we don't remember all of the countless models and variations in order to answer your question. Many times we have look up a diagram in one place, search for a manual, interpret it then do research for real world resolutions) and more importantly

4) Prevented me from having the extremely rare opportunity to poke fun at one of the greatest appliance master in the known universe. Every once in a while I like to tug on Superman's cape.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0