Learn how to be your own tech line...

Click here to check out our structured, online appliance repair training courses for rookies and experienced techs.

FAQs | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Podcast | Contact

Stay connected with us...

Samurai on Facebook - become a fan today! Sign up for our free newsletter and keep up with all things Appliantology. Subscribe to our YouTube channel for lots of appliance repair tips and help! Follow the Samurai on Twitter and get timely morsels of Appliantological Wisdom! Subscribe to our MST Radio podcast to learn secrets of the trade.
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
homerhd

Kenmore gas dryer won't heat up

6 posts in this topic

I have a Kenmore gas dryer, lint trap in top right rear corner. Model 97274800. Tumbles fine but absolutely no heat. Worked a few days ago but no more. Please help.

Need appliance parts? Call 877-803-7957 now!

... Model 97274800

would that be a 110.97274800 ?

check the white Thermal Fuse on the Blower Assembly

http://www.repairclinic.com/referral.asp?R=154&N=2986

Thermal-Fuse-3392519-00882790.jpg

if bad, then check and clean your Dryer Vents

Dryer Vent 4" diameter

Vent should be rigid metal.

Short lengths of flexible metal may be OK, if not crimped when moving the Dryer into place.

NO plastic

NO PVC

NO screws

Foil Duct Tape is OK.

With an empty load, Timed Dry, High Heat, the vent temperature should cycle somewhere between 135F and 160F

Check / clean the Dryer Vent

Disconnect the Dryer Vent and check for good air-flow there and where it exits the house.

Check the Vent air temperature at the back of the Dryer.

If you have a Harbor Freight Store near you,

$ 3.99 sometimes on sale for $ 2.99

image_1255.jpg

I took your advice and sure enough, the thermal fuse is no good. I jumped the leads on the fuse since it was bad so that I could check the igniter and the flame switch, both of which were ok. My vent is rigid, smooth, no screws and all connections inserting in the direction of the airflow so there's no edges to catch on. I even removed the blower box and cleaned that but it wasn't bad at all. Is it that unusual for a thermal fuse to blow when there in no restriction of air flow?

unusual, but could happen

check the Vent temperatures, and see how long a new Thermal Fuse lasts ..

The dryer is roughly 15 years old and this the first time the thermal fuse has been replaced. Is it possible that it could degrade over time? If nothing else, while I had it apart I gave everything a good cleaning, not that it was that bad.

unusual, but could happen

check the Vent temperatures, and see how long a new Thermal Fuse lasts ..

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0