Need appliance parts? Call 877-803-7957 now or use the parts search box:

Parts Search

Learn how to be your own tech line…

Click here to check out our structured, online appliance repair training courses for rookies and experienced techs.

FAQs | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Podcast | Contact

Stay connected with us...

Samurai on Facebook - become a fan today! Sign up for our free newsletter and keep up with all things Appliantology. Subscribe to our YouTube channel for lots of appliance repair tips and help! Follow the Samurai on Twitter and get timely morsels of Appliantological Wisdom! Subscribe to our MST Radio podcast to learn secrets of the trade.
trickcruiser

Sub Zero 632S control board trouble

6 posts in this topic

I'm having some trouble here.  Both the freezer and fridge temp displays are doing strange things. There are no error codes. Diagnostic  mode seems to work properly. In normal operation both displays seem to be only being displaying set points not actual temp while the actual  temp in both the freezer and fridge seem erratic. Currently  If I set the fridge to 37 and close the door  the display moves to 36 in a blink then wont change while the shelf thermometer is much higher. If I leave both sides closed for a while the actual temp will drop way lower then  the set points again this is both sides and no change in the displays.  I'm leaning  toward replacing the control board but I'd love to hear from someone with more experience before I go for an expensive board.  

Thanks.

Need appliance parts? Call 877-803-7957 now!

Thermistor-4204150-00908808.jpg

Manufacturer Number 4204150

Check refrigerator compartment thermistor to j1 on the board for continuity and resistance at 30k to 33k ohms at 32 degrees. 

Do the same for the refrigerator evaporator thermistor and the freezer compartment and the freezer evaporator thermistors.

This fridge has a robust diagnostics center  here is a link http://www.njsubzerorepair.com/600/troubleshooting.pdf

Trick, please let us know what you find on this one.  

One of the coolest things about the Sub Zero 600 series is the built in data logger.  Provided thermistors are in good shape you should be able to review both compartment temperatures in two hour increments going back two weeks.  Use the info provided by Brother KCTBURY to access that mode.  Also, visually inspect the refrigerator compartment evaporator.  Look for any ice buildup at the top/left corner.  If ice ball is present, you may have a bad evaporator.  If no problems are found, try clearing the control of any error codes by pressing the Bell On/Off key for 15 seconds.

New board fixed the problem, thanks all.

When checking actual temperature, do not use an air sensing thermometer, you want to be checking product temperature.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk