Need appliance parts? Call 877-803-7957 now or use the parts search box:

Parts Search

Learn how to troubleshoot using schematics like a real tech…

Click here to check out our structured, online appliance repair training courses for rookies and experienced techs.

FAQs | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Podcast | Contact

Stay connected with us...

Samurai on Facebook - become a fan today! Sign up for our free newsletter and keep up with all things Appliantology. Subscribe to our YouTube channel for lots of appliance repair tips and help! Follow the Samurai on Twitter and get timely morsels of Appliantological Wisdom! Subscribe to our MST Radio podcast to learn secrets of the trade.
jasonkg80

Whirlpool Cabrio WTW6200SW0 Bearing Removal Question?

7 posts in this topic

I am trying to remove the bearing and shaft from my Cabrio washing machine. There is a notched hard plastic nut that has been a real challenge to a remove. It looks like a smaller spanner nut than most washers have, but its made of plastic  (see pic below of nut circled in yellow) unlike the galvanized spanner nuts on other washers. I made an attempt at removing this with a pipe wrench, the spanner tool below (too big), and a hammer and screwdriver to no avail. Is there a special tool to remove this nut??? I would greatly appreciate any suggestions?

http://i165.photobucket.com/albums/u47/nekalapeca79/Washer%20Parts/P1040768_zpsdaf28bbd.jpg

http://i165.photobucket.com/albums/u47/nekalapeca79/Washer%20Parts/P1040770_zps345c5fdf.jpg

http://i165.photobucket.com/albums/u47/nekalapeca79/Washer%20Parts/P1040769_zps27546d84.jpg

http://i165.photobucket.com/albums/u47/nekalapeca79/Washer%20Parts/P1040774_zpsf35c30be.jpg

http://i165.photobucket.com/albums/u47/nekalapeca79/Washer%20Parts/P1040773_zpsea1710a3.jpg

Need appliance parts? Call 877-803-7957 now!

Here's the procedure:

ThirstyTech,

Huge thanks for getting me back on track! My wife was starting to look for a new washer.

1:07 on your video is where I went wrong. Once I removed the basket, the shaft popped out of the bottom of the inner tub after yanking on it and twisting (I already got the shaft loose from the outer tub at this point by banging violently from the bottom of the outer tub). Now I am on my way to finally completing this job after wasting money on three tools and not having a washer for over three weeks. I wish I would have found this forum sooner. Thanks Again!

This puppy been leaking for a long time!

shaft is rusted  to plastic

I love when  they show taking apart a washer and the washer is clean and new 

not real world conditions!

I can see from pics you going to need new basket hub (kit)

What I do in this case is :1st remove motor - -rps- per bearing kit instructions  t- remove nut on shaft 

lay machine down  so you can DRIVE shaft & basket and all  out through top-- take basket(  once out)  tip it on its top  then drive shaft out 

hub and all should come out ( I see you've already remove the hub screws)

you will need a new hub kit when you go to  re-install basket

Good luck 

Edited by donn

ThirstyTech,

Huge thanks for getting me back on track! My wife was starting to look for a new washer.

1:07 on your video is where I went wrong. Once I removed the basket, the shaft popped out of the bottom of the inner tub after yanking on it and twisting (I already got the shaft loose from the outer tub at this point by banging violently from the bottom of the outer tub). Now I am on my way to finally completing this job after wasting money on three tools and not having a washer for over three weeks. I wish I would have found this forum sooner. Thanks Again!

Your'e welcome, I'm glad you are on the right path now.  Don't forget the celebratory beers to honor your accomplishments! 

I have it all put back together thanks to everyone's help and especially the video. If I had to do this again it would be done in an hour instead of three weeks. I'll be saving the celebratory beers until tomorrow after the test wash. If nothing leaks and there are no weird noises I'll be on my way to Beer Country, if there's still a problem I'll be on my way to the store to buy a new washer. Hopefully I don't need the hub kit. 

Thanks Thirstytech and donn for all your help.

I have it all put back together thanks to everyone's help and especially the video. If I had to do this again it would be done in an hour instead of three weeks. I'll be saving the celebratory beers until tomorrow after the test wash. If nothing leaks and there are no weird noises I'll be on my way to Beer Country, if there's still a problem I'll be on my way to the store to buy a new washer. Hopefully I don't need the hub kit. 

Thanks Thirstytech and donn for all your help.

I'd replace that hub kit just because it is a realtivly cheap and easy part to change compared to the bearing and shaft.