Learn how to troubleshoot using schematics like a real tech…

Click here to check out our structured, online appliance repair training courses for rookies and experienced techs.

FAQs | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Podcast | Contact

Stay connected with us...

Samurai on Facebook - become a fan today! Sign up for our free newsletter and keep up with all things Appliantology. Subscribe to our YouTube channel for lots of appliance repair tips and help! Follow the Samurai on Twitter and get timely morsels of Appliantological Wisdom! Subscribe to our MST Radio podcast to learn secrets of the trade.
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Tone Blair

ELECTROLUX EI23BC36IS3 fresh food not cool

8 posts in this topic

having problems diagnosing this electrolux fridge ELECTROLUX EI23BC36IS3

its the one with the touch screen on the inside of the door (no dispenser).

fresh food section not cool, freezer seems fine.

NO ERROR CODES.

ran FULL disgnostic. Everything checks out including all thermistors, dampner (which i physically saw), and defrost cycle (also saw, heater on).

there is some ice build up on evap but not a lot.

i guess another tech defrosted evap before but problem came back the next day....thats when they called us.

for whatever reason the airflow to fresh food isnt properly working.

after i ran all tests, the temp display for freezer and fresh food now reads HI and it will beep out of now where for a long period of time eventhough both doors are closed.

before i start swapping out computers and touch screens i thought id ask for help on this.

ive looked everywhere

thanks,

Andy

Need appliance parts? Call 877-803-7957 now!

If the fan is running and the damper is open then the control is what's telling them to open. You stated that the air flow isn't flowing, what's preventing it? If the doors were left open it's possible that the air returns air frosted over and just defrosting the evaporator won't fix that.

... fresh food section not cool, freezer seems fine.

need actual temperatures

it's possible that the air returns air frosted over and just defrosting the evaporator won't fix that.

This is what I suspect.

spannerwrench---the air flows are all good. all fans running. and air returns arent blocked. and when i checked the dampner it was in the open position.

reg----the degrees just showed HI F on both, but before i put in diagnostic i think the fridge was around 80. freezer worked fine but i cant recall its exact reading.

thanks

... i think the fridge was around 80.

... freezer worked fine but i cant recall its exact reading.

1) Light Bulb ON ?

2) may help diagnostics

reg:

1) yes, all lights work fine.

2) ????

The HI is displayed normally for warm temperature.  Evaporator fan running.  Damper opens.  Air returns are clear.  Interior lights (which are controlled by the main power board below) go off when door are closed.  Good frost on evaporator?  Another tech was out first.  Evaporator fan blade on correctly?  I don't think they can mixed up.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0