Check out our online tech training courses at Master Samurai Tech…

Click here to check out our structured, online appliance repair training courses for rookies and experienced techs.

FAQs | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Podcast | Contact

Stay connected with us...

Samurai on Facebook - become a fan today! Sign up for our free newsletter and keep up with all things Appliantology. Subscribe to our YouTube channel for lots of appliance repair tips and help! Follow the Samurai on Twitter and get timely morsels of Appliantological Wisdom! Subscribe to our MST Radio podcast to learn secrets of the trade.
bonefish

temps all over the place

3 posts in this topic

kitchen aid model KBLS36FMX01.

the unit will not keep a steady temp. in the freezer or fresh food. I changed the evaporator motor because it was faulty but it has been going nuts with temp variations in both compartments and the user interface has a mind of it's own with  the display cutting on and off. I know it turns off if the door is open too long. it seems to have good air flow and the baffle motor appears to be alright. I don't hear the evaporator motor changing speeds as needed. I have been told that the brain is not available. It has to be sent off to be repaired. Has anybody run into this problem? 

Need appliance parts? Call 877-803-7957 now!

Yup, its the board. Check out core centric or another rebuilder. 

I appreciate the second opinion. I owe you one! I had that feeling and was hoping it was something i overlooked. Any idea what the turn around time would be and a guess of the cost of the repair to the board? I have always been able to buy and replace, never tried to send one off. Is it just me or is putting computers in a refrig. ( along with everything else ) was a dumb idea? Sure, they look cool but what a pain. 

Many thanks