Dumbstruck by the new computer-controlled appliances? Let the Samurai enlighten you…

Click here to check out our structured, online appliance repair training courses for rookies and experienced techs.

FAQs | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Podcast | Contact

Stay connected with us...

Samurai on Facebook - become a fan today! Sign up for our free newsletter and keep up with all things Appliantology. Subscribe to our YouTube channel for lots of appliance repair tips and help! Follow the Samurai on Twitter and get timely morsels of Appliantological Wisdom! Subscribe to our MST Radio podcast to learn secrets of the trade.
hoptoad

Kenmore 363.58485891 refrigerator not always cycling back on

6 posts in this topic

I have a 363.58485891 Kenmore refrigerator, serial number 82825443. The customer complains that it won't cycle back on and to get it to do so, she turns the freezer control (the control on the left) way down, then back up and then the unit starts up. I figured it was a bad cold control, but this control appears to be the damper. How can that start up the unit? She even showed me. It wasn't running when I got there, she did her routine, and it fired right up. I cannot find the wiring diagram on the unit or online.  It takes a WR9X10002 damper assy. and a WR9X571 cold control.

Edited by hoptoad

Need appliance parts? Call 877-803-7957 now!

Sounds like bad cold control as you said no way that would cycle off refrigerator meaning Damper.It just may me vibrations when she is turning damper control .

That's what I was thinking unless the power to the cold control goes through the damper control, but like I said, I can't find a wiring diagram. Grrr...

That damper does not have any electrical wires going to it.May think about changing timer too while your in there.

Sounds like a cold control.

Sounds like bad cold control as you said no way that would cycle off refrigerator meaning Damper.It just may me vibrations when she is turning damper control .

Yep, replace the cold control:  http://www.repairclinic.com/PartDetail/Temperature-Control-Thermostat/WR9X571/311089