Need appliance parts? Call 877-803-7957 now or use the parts search box:

Parts Search

Learn how to troubleshoot like a Master Samurai Tech...

Click here to check out our structured, online appliance repair training courses for rookies and experienced techs.

FAQs | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Podcast | Contact

Stay connected with us...

Samurai on Facebook - become a fan today! Sign up for our free newsletter and keep up with all things Appliantology. Subscribe to our YouTube channel for lots of appliance repair tips and help! Follow the Samurai on Twitter and get timely morsels of Appliantological Wisdom! Subscribe to our MST Radio podcast to learn secrets of the trade.
ToolMaven

Trouble Codes

7 posts in this topic

Does anyone know where I can find a break down of the trouble codes? I am getting " E3 F2". The keypad will not respond.

Model: RBS245PD Whirlpool Electric Built-in Oven

Need appliance parts? Call 877-803-7957 now!

Can you post the rest of the model #?  I am seeing tons of RBS245PD's but  there are more letters/numbers after this and they are different service manual numbers. The ones I looked at did not show any E3 F2  combinations but I may not have seen your manual.  Pegi

Model Number is RBS245PD81

Ser No. XF3201180

The oven when powered up, displays the clock, all button are non-functional. The oven will display the lock icon,(oven door not locked), but when the Start/Enter button is pushed, the lock icon disappears and the clock time reappears. About the only thing that sort of works is the light and even it is

an " iffy " thing. After a period of several minutes the " code " E3 F2 " is displayed and the oven beeps until I cut the power at the panel.

There needs to be a letter after the D so am assuming your 8 is really a "B".  F2 E3 = key held down too long or key is shorted.  See the above link for a manual close to yours and it will show you these fault codes and the suggested repair from Whirlpool.  Pegi

I went back, armed with a magnifying glass this time, and you were indeed right. the Model Number is Model: RBS245PDB1. The " B " looking almost indistigushable from an " 8 ".

A shorted keypad sounds realistic. From the looks of it, the oven will have to be pulled to access the keyboard. Thanks so much for the help.

You are most welcome, thanks for the reply.  Pegi