Begin your journey to appliance repair mastery…

Click here to check out our structured, online appliance repair training courses for rookies and experienced techs.

FAQs | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Podcast | Contact

Stay connected with us...

Samurai on Facebook - become a fan today! Sign up for our free newsletter and keep up with all things Appliantology. Subscribe to our YouTube channel for lots of appliance repair tips and help! Follow the Samurai on Twitter and get timely morsels of Appliantological Wisdom! Subscribe to our MST Radio podcast to learn secrets of the trade.
arfaragh

Replaced control board in dishwasher and still gets stuck in wash cycle

7 posts in this topic

KitchenAid Model - KUDL03ITSS 2       I read online most all comments indicate a bad control board.  I replaced the control board with a NEW board.  Still the same problem as before.  It has led lights only,  runs thru a number of cycles but stays stuck in a wash or rinse cycle.  When I open the door the water is steaming hot.  When I hit the cancel it drains just fine.  I have repeated the above steps several times. This unit I believe has the OWI (Optical Water Indicator) with the built in thermistor.  This in the only other component that I can think of that may cause this problem.   Not sure how to really test this component.  Any help would be much appreciated. 

Need appliance parts? Call 877-803-7957 now!

... stays stuck in a wash or rinse cycle.

how long does it stay "stuck" ?

It may just be waiting for the water to reach a certain temperature ..

It may take 45 minutes or more.

Have you tried waiting to see if it will finish a cycle on it's own ?

several hours -  normal was time is 105 minutes

It has run for several hours -  normal wash time is 105 minutes

No way to test this component except thru machine diagnostics...the one unit I ran across exhibiting this behavior had several faults in the memory that pointed to this OWI sensor, as well as identical symptoms....ran and heated long enuff to melt and deform several plastic cups on TOP rack...replaced OWI and all was well.

I also know of 2 situations where just

1) pulling this thing out,

2) wiping it,

3) giving it a stern confused look, and

4) putting it back in

caused it to start working correctly again.

I numbered the steps cause I wasn't sure which actually fixed and frankly, none of it made any sense to me.

I guess it could get just enough film covering it to not see the water being dirty enough to dump or clean enough to stop cleaning.

Dats de one, Reg!