Need appliance parts? Call 877-803-7957 now or use the parts search box:

Parts Search

Learn how to troubleshoot using schematics like a real tech…

Click here to check out our structured, online appliance repair training courses for rookies and experienced techs.

FAQs | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Podcast | Contact

Stay connected with us...

Samurai on Facebook - become a fan today! Sign up for our free newsletter and keep up with all things Appliantology. Subscribe to our YouTube channel for lots of appliance repair tips and help! Follow the Samurai on Twitter and get timely morsels of Appliantological Wisdom! Subscribe to our MST Radio podcast to learn secrets of the trade.
pallmer

Jazz Controller only showing a dash on Maytag bottom freezer

4 posts in this topic

I have a Maytag MBL2258XES1 bottom freezer refrigerator that has stopped cooling both the refrigerator and freezer section.  The lights comes on but fan and compressor do not.  The controller for the freezer and refrigerator section only shows a dash each, no numbers          -        -      . 

Pressing the + or -  has no effect.  Trying to put it into service mode by holding down the light switch and pressing the + refrigerator button three times in 10 seconds has no effect. In fact one at a time I tried each button three times in 10 seconds just in case.    There was not tech sheet with the fridge to guide me further.

I am guessing I need a new Jazz controller but would like to get confirmation before ordering one.

Thanks

Ralph

Need appliance parts? Call 877-803-7957 now!

You could try rebooting it by unplugging the fridge for 5 minutes for good measure. If that doesnt work you may need a new board.

Thanks Sensei.  I just clicked on the link and ordered the part.

Ralph