Learn how to be your own tech line…

Click here to check out our structured, online appliance repair training courses for rookies and experienced techs.

FAQs | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Podcast | Contact

Stay connected with us...

Samurai on Facebook - become a fan today! Sign up for our free newsletter and keep up with all things Appliantology. Subscribe to our YouTube channel for lots of appliance repair tips and help! Follow the Samurai on Twitter and get timely morsels of Appliantological Wisdom! Subscribe to our MST Radio podcast to learn secrets of the trade.
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
dryerman45

LG REF/FREEZER

3 posts in this topic

Hi,

I have a LG R/F Model LMX25984SW.The water coming out of dispenser is weak,and the icemaker is making small ice cubes.I removed the line coming out of valve and it is strong,then I checked the water coming out of filter valve and it is strong also.It goes from there thru the top of fridge and then into door,so I was hoping you would know what that might be.Iam hoping it is not inside door

Thank you,

SAMANERA

Need appliance parts? Call 877-803-7957 now!

When was the last time you changed the water filter?

I hope you don't also have a reverse osmosis water filter on your house water line, that messes up refrigerator water filters.

Partially frozen lines can do it. What are the fridge temps ? I had a customer with his fridge at 34f and this happened.

Also check house water pressure. maybe the pressure is initially strong but reduces quickly, especially if water is being used somewhere else at the same time.

I have also experienced this with a bad filter head assembly. Initially strong water flow then reduces due to air in the line.

Is the fridge connected to a faucet or a saddle valve?

The other thing is to make sure the problem with the icemaker and dispenser are actually related and not two separate problems.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0