Need appliance parts? Call 877-803-7957 now or use the parts search box:

Parts Search

Isn’t it time to know what you don’t know?

Click here to check out our structured, online appliance repair training courses for rookies and experienced techs.

FAQs | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Podcast | Contact

Stay connected with us...

Samurai on Facebook - become a fan today! Sign up for our free newsletter and keep up with all things Appliantology. Subscribe to our YouTube channel for lots of appliance repair tips and help! Follow the Samurai on Twitter and get timely morsels of Appliantological Wisdom! Subscribe to our MST Radio podcast to learn secrets of the trade.
hollymda

Kenmore Elite Dryer Model HE3

10 posts in this topic

I have had this dryer for about 6 or more years. I have recently replaced the motherboard circuit because it would not sense when clothes were dry, and stayed on for hours. It seemed to get better, but now it senses the clothes are dry when they are quite damp. What do you think the problem might be? And how can I fix it? I replaced the circuit board myself, so am fairly handy...It makes sense to me that the densor for detecting dampness is not functioning...???Holly

Need appliance parts? Call 877-803-7957 now!

model number ?

Model # 110.82822101

the moisture "Sensor" is just a pair of metal strips that can "feel" wet clothes,

and the Circuit Board doesn't let the Timer advance until the clothes are no longer "wet"

So no way to 'fix this'?

I don't know what's wrong..

May be another bad Controller..

How long did this "new" Controller work ?

Do the clothes dry OK in 60 minutes on the "Timed Dry" cycle ?

the moisture "Sensor" is just a pair of metal strips that can "feel" wet clothes,

and the Circuit Board doesn't let the Timer advance until the clothes are no longer "wet"

These sensor bars get coated and need cleaning quite a bit. Mostly because of fabric softener usage.

Take some rubbin alcohol and scrub the two bars. Or a green scrub pad, the one usually used to scrub dishes clean. A good minute or two one each bar of elbow grease should do!! Also, the cost of this fix is usually not prohibitive.

Edited by micabay

Thank you. I will try this. The motherboard is less than 3 months old.

Do the clothes Dry ok in 60 minutes on time cycle?

I don't know what's wrong..

May be another bad Controller..

How long did this "new" Controller work ?

Do the clothes dry OK in 60 minutes on the "Timed Dry" cycle ?

Do the clothes dry in 60 minutes on the Time CYCLE???

Edited by bigbuck