Need appliance parts? Call 877-803-7957 now or use the parts search box:

Parts Search

Learn how to troubleshoot like a Master Samurai Tech...

Click here to check out our structured, online appliance repair training courses for rookies and experienced techs.

FAQs | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Podcast | Contact

Stay connected with us...

Samurai on Facebook - become a fan today! Sign up for our free newsletter and keep up with all things Appliantology. Subscribe to our YouTube channel for lots of appliance repair tips and help! Follow the Samurai on Twitter and get timely morsels of Appliantological Wisdom! Subscribe to our MST Radio podcast to learn secrets of the trade.
jamilee

Whirlpool Duet Sport gas dryer noise

3 posts in this topic

We've had the dryer since 2007 I think.  Family of now 5, 3 little kids, so lots of laundry in our house. 

This weekend, I noticed a faint grinding/rubbing sound during cycle.  Knew something was up, but it was heating and turning as normal.

Last load of weekend, mid-cycle something must have pushed it over the edge - very loud squealing noise.

I took the front bottom panel off and was guessing - maybe a belt of sorts was slipping/sticking.  Ordered that full drum belt and yesterday we fully disassembled and replaced...but running an air-only cycle nope.  Not it.  Still a very loud, high squeal.

I've done a few searches and it seems like we should have checked either the blower or motor...as an aside, the inside was very full of lint.  Lots of vacuuming upon disassembly.

Is this the right track?  should we get the blower wheel along with motor?  what about the other moving pieces...I hate the trial-and-error...so any thoughts are appreciated. 

Thanks!

Need appliance parts? Call 877-803-7957 now!

With the kick panel removed, take the cover of the blower wheel off and make sure nothing has made it's way down there and is rubbing on the blower wheel.

Check all drum support rollers and idler pulley