Begin your journey to appliance repair mastery…

Click here to check out our structured, online appliance repair training courses for rookies and experienced techs.

FAQs | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Podcast | Contact

Stay connected with us...

Samurai on Facebook - become a fan today! Sign up for our free newsletter and keep up with all things Appliantology. Subscribe to our YouTube channel for lots of appliance repair tips and help! Follow the Samurai on Twitter and get timely morsels of Appliantological Wisdom! Subscribe to our MST Radio podcast to learn secrets of the trade.
Kevinlw

GSL25JFPA BS. GE Refrigerator won't freeze

10 posts in this topic

GSL25JFPA BS.   GE Refrigerator won't freeze.  Inside fan is running, outside Jelly Roll condenser fan is running.  Compressor feels like it's running.  Could it be the evaporator temperature thermistor or the over temperature thermistor?  Or the main board?   Thanks, Kevin

Need appliance parts? Call 877-803-7957 now!

Make sure its is running and take freezer panel off and look for a frost pattern on evaporator.

Hey Bigbuck, thanks for the info.  I removed the cover and there is NO frost on the coil.  A little cool on one end, but that's it.  The heater at the bottom is not on.  Do you know how I can upload pictures?  Thanks again, Kevin

grasshoppers can't upload here directly..

upload to some picture website,

then post the links here

Sounds a lot like a Sealed System Failure, you may be out of luck on this one. Typically if you have a warm feezer and it does not get ice build up after a 30min to hour run time and the evap fan runs then this is the case unfortunately. If you have any images that may help if we can see the evap after an hour of run time.

Thanks, let's see if this works:  https://frig.shutterfly.com/pictures#n_5

I noticed to top of the sensor clips onto the coil has raised, like something inside has gone bad?  I bumped the compressor while running and you can hear it knock a little.  So, seems like it is running..  All fans are running as well.  Thanks, Kevin

Thanks devilslettuce,  I think you may be correct, I just wanted to confirm with the experts....  The unit is about 8 years old.

Thanks again,

Kevin

Has this Fridge been running OK up till now at this location ?

If the Compressor is running and there's NO frost, seems like a sealed system leak.

I see a trip to HomeDepot in your future.

The Defrost Terminator looks bad (common fail)

but that would only prevent Defrost ... not your problem right now.

• Yep, been running fine and then no cooling...   Yep trip to Home Depot or Craigslist...   :)  Thanks Much...  Kevin

... Yep trip to Home Depot or Craigslist...  

OR Sears Appliance Outlet Store