Need appliance parts? Call 877-803-7957 now or use the parts search box:

Parts Search

Check out our online tech training courses at Master Samurai Tech…

Click here to check out our structured, online appliance repair training courses for rookies and experienced techs.

FAQs | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Podcast | Contact

Stay connected with us...

Samurai on Facebook - become a fan today! Sign up for our free newsletter and keep up with all things Appliantology. Subscribe to our YouTube channel for lots of appliance repair tips and help! Follow the Samurai on Twitter and get timely morsels of Appliantological Wisdom! Subscribe to our MST Radio podcast to learn secrets of the trade.
llky

GE Dryer model DX2300EE1WW

8 posts in this topic

Looking for a service manual for the GE dryer DX2300EE1WW.

Need appliance parts? Call 877-803-7957 now!

Looks like a fairly typical GE dryer. What kind of problem(s) is it giving you?

It won't run.The motor just  hums.How do you check the motor?And what else could be causing this problem?I need a service manual or maybe the wiring diagram as mine is missing.

If the motor humms, then it's getting voltage.  Indications are a bad motor or a restricted blower.  With the unit off, try rotating the drum.  If the drum turns, you may have a bad motor.  If drum doesn't turn, there may be something stuck in the blower.  Remove the top and front panels to inspect blower.  If the lint filter is broken or missing there may be a laundry item in the blower housing.  If the dryer vents directly through an external wall, there may be a snake/frog/rat/squirrel in the blower housing.

Thanks for the info and help.I checked and the drum does turn.There is nothing in the blower,but it is hard to turn Should it turn freely?

Normally there is some resistance if the belt is intact.  Sounds like a bad motor.

Did you look up behind the control panel for the diagram?