Learn how to troubleshoot like a Master Samurai Tech...

Click here to check out our structured, online appliance repair training courses for rookies and experienced techs.

FAQs | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Podcast | Contact

Stay connected with us...

Samurai on Facebook - become a fan today! Sign up for our free newsletter and keep up with all things Appliantology. Subscribe to our YouTube channel for lots of appliance repair tips and help! Follow the Samurai on Twitter and get timely morsels of Appliantological Wisdom! Subscribe to our MST Radio podcast to learn secrets of the trade.
Sterlingremodel

Stackable Frigidaire Washer/ Dryer-- Washer does not have power!

14 posts in this topic

I have a washer/ dryer combo where the dryer works- spins and heats on command, but the washer is 100% unresponsive. [frigidaire- super capacity- crown series]

I investigated and found the wire connection/ power supply was burnt up. Char. I rewired the plug in and cleaned it all up. It is supplied with 30 amp breaker and 4- 10 gauge wires.

Everything else looks fine. I don't understand, why one machine works and another doesn't when the two machines are basically one.

I need the washer to work! Someone help

Need appliance parts? Call 877-803-7957 now!

,,, I rewired the plug in and cleaned it all up.

pictures ?

Did you measure for 120v AC going to the Washer ?

I wired up a new 3 wire cord to the washer/ dryer power source. 

The rail where screws are to attach and complete the circuit is no longer so I wired it up like a light.

Middle wire I directly connected with green ground and white neutral, I wired in the hots on either side.

How would I test for 120 going to the washer?

That seems like the issue b/c the washer only needs 120, whereas the 240/120 dryer works fine.

Im pretty sure the neutral to that washer goes from the terminal block down to the motor switch  through M2-4 if memory serves, cant be sure. check the diagram, then follow the neutral back up to the main t block. These types of call can drive you to drink but youll be rewarded once you noodle it out. Good Luck!!

Perhaps you've had a short in the washer circuits that burned a conductor before the breaker tripped. Consult a wiring diagram/tech sheet and see how far into the washer circuitry you have 120VAC.

model number ?

Is this a stack unit? Or two stackable washer and dryer?

Stack unit. The combo is integrally connected.

Frigidaire Crown Series Heavy Duty

Combed that unit over and was fruitless in discovering the model #

Pointers on checking for 120?

this might sound stupid but did you check the lid switch.  The washer won't do anything if the switch is bad. 

The model number for the complete unit should be inside the dryer door opening, (not on the door itself - but very well could have all the numbers worn off the model/serial number tag - Friggy's are famous for there crappy printed mod/ser# tags that the number eventually all wear away, so they can't be read any more).

Lid switch-- how do I check it's effectiveness? 

Once again- I need advice on checking/following for 120 in the washer.

Good news: I found a printed paper wiring diagram on the inside of the cover plate on the front transition from washer- dryer.

At the bottom it says P/N 131946600. I took the paper out of the sleeve and have it with me now. 

This washer will run again!

http://appliantology.org/files/file/1310-frigidaire-laundry-center-fleb43rg/

Frigidaire Laundry Center

FLEB43RG

95335428 parts

131946600 wiring

on the Dryer's Terminal Power Strip:

check the wires that go to the Washer

(L1) Red / Black wire
Neutral White wire

I don't have the diagram, could you tell him how to check the lid switch.  I don't remember which two are for the solenoid and which two are for the switch.  Thanks