Begin your journey to appliance repair mastery...

Click here to check out our structured, online appliance repair training courses for rookies and experienced techs.

FAQs | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Podcast | Contact

Stay connected with us...

Samurai on Facebook - become a fan today! Sign up for our free newsletter and keep up with all things Appliantology. Subscribe to our YouTube channel for lots of appliance repair tips and help! Follow the Samurai on Twitter and get timely morsels of Appliantological Wisdom! Subscribe to our MST Radio podcast to learn secrets of the trade.
JWD

Fitting Maytag Bravos Gas Dryer through narrow door

4 posts in this topic

I need to get a Maytag Bravos gas dryer through a narrow door. It's going to be a tight fit. I'm comfortable taking appliances panels apart and putting them back together.

Does anyone happen to know what the depth of the dryer would be if I can remove the back and front panels? Or have any other suggestions?

Need appliance parts? Call 877-803-7957 now!

Forgot to add. The opening is 27 1/4" wide. Can get it to just over 28" if I remove the door stops which I'm hoping I avoid.

It's not here yet so I can't measure but the front panel and real panel look pretty thick. If I remove the front, back and drum do you think I can get the depth 3" narrower to make it fit?

FYI it's about 26" from front to back with the front cover removed but those little extensions on the top I couldn't do anything about. There was enough clearance where I could pivot those extensions around the door frame. Needed to remove the black plastic base as well. Some of the screws were difficult to get to so I had to remove the drum as well. That made it more time consuming but it made it easier to carry :)

Putting it back together was a snap after taking apart and putting together my old dryer while trying to repair it.

Model number?