Need appliance parts? Call 877-803-7957 now or use the parts search box:

Parts Search

Learn how to be your own tech line...

Click here to check out our structured, online appliance repair training courses for rookies and experienced techs.

FAQs | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Podcast | Contact

Stay connected with us...

Samurai on Facebook - become a fan today! Sign up for our free newsletter and keep up with all things Appliantology. Subscribe to our YouTube channel for lots of appliance repair tips and help! Follow the Samurai on Twitter and get timely morsels of Appliantological Wisdom! Subscribe to our MST Radio podcast to learn secrets of the trade.
paulhurm

Whirlpool Dryer Motor Problem

3 posts in this topic

I have a Whirlpool LEQ9858LWO cloths dryer. The motor is nearly siezed up and is very hard to turn even with wrenches on each end.

I have removed the motor and it is on my bench. I have blown and wiped it as clean as I can get it.

The part info on the motor itself is S58NXMZK-6925. Part number 8538262.

Can this motor possibly just need some lubrication and if so where to you lube and with what weight / type of oil or other lube product?

I'm really hoping to avoid the cost of having to buy a replacement, even used.

TIA for any thoughts and help.

Paul
paulhurm@gmail.com

Need appliance parts? Call 877-803-7957 now!

I had kind of reached that conclusion after I looked more closely just a while ago. I didn't see any obvious places to add any kind of lube.

Looks like I will be searching for a replacement.  I know of a couple used parts places locally that I may have some luck.

Thanks for the assistance!

Paul