Need appliance parts? Call 877-803-7957 now or use the parts search box:

Parts Search

Lost with the new appliances? The Samurai teaches you Circuit Fu…

Click here to check out our structured, online appliance repair training courses for rookies and experienced techs.

FAQs | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Podcast | Contact

Stay connected with us...

Samurai on Facebook - become a fan today! Sign up for our free newsletter and keep up with all things Appliantology. Subscribe to our YouTube channel for lots of appliance repair tips and help! Follow the Samurai on Twitter and get timely morsels of Appliantological Wisdom! Subscribe to our MST Radio podcast to learn secrets of the trade.
georgeredinger

Fagor LFA-086XL not heating

1 post in this topic

Senpai:

I have a Fagor LFA-086XL dishwasher that has had a heater failure.

Using the handy error code cheat sheet taped inside the kickplate, the error code show by the blinking LEDs is:

"Water heating malfunction"

"The water is not heated or is incorrectly heated. Repeat the Washing program."

Studying the Schematic (also found taped behind the kick plate) I see a resistive heater  with a 98° thermostat protected by a 206° fuse (I assume this is degrees C) 

There are a couple of relays controlled by the main control board that have to close to energize the heater.

The heater is not visible by looking into the dishwasher. It's not one of those bare loops at the bottom of the tub supported on standoffs that I burn my forearms on when I  lean too far in when trying to figure out what's wrong this time. 

I assume it's inside a tube in the main wash pump plumbing circuit.

So far, I have found no parts supplier for this model (Fagor LFA-086XL) and no service manuals.

Sonkei

George Redinger

Need appliance parts? Call 877-803-7957 now!