Click here to check out this guide

FAQs | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Contact

• Upcoming Events

• 30 March 2024 02:00 PM Until 03:00 PM
      All Appliantology tech members are invited to join in this workshop on all things Appliantological: bidness, customers, tools, troubleshooting, flavorite brewski, whatever. Webcams and microphones are open and live!
      This workshop is also a great time for any students at Master Samurai Tech to bring any and all questions about the coursework. We're happy to walk through any concepts you're having trouble with. Think of it like office hours with your teachers. 
      If you have a specific appliance problem you'd like us to talk about, post it here! We need a problem statement and a PDF of the tech sheet or schematic so we can all see it on screen share. If you have a PDF that isn't already in the File library here at Appliantology, send it to us by attaching it to the contact form. 
      Also, follow this Calendar Event so you'll get notified of new posts here. Look for the "Follow" button either at the top of the topic on desktop or below the topic on mobile.
      Who: This workshop is only available to tech members at Appliantology.
      When: Saturday, March 30 @10:00 AM Eastern Time.
      Where: Online via Zoom
      How:
      Click here to go to the forum topic with the registration link. If you're interested, register now. Arrive a couple minutes early to make sure your connection is working. Set a reminder for yourself for this workshop so you don’t miss it.  And check out past workshops here: https://appliantology.org/announcement/33-webinar-recordings-index-page/

Whirlpool Refrigerator GD2FHDXWQ02

Patricio

May I have a manual for this unit,  Freezer is at 13 degrees & FF is at 71.   Bottom mount freezer, I am reviewing Samarai's video how to get top draw off.   Is this one of the models that has the jass board, something I have not seen before.

Please pull up a parts diagram and tell me what the part number is for the board.

Thankyou for correcting Reggie, Customer is an elderly, could not understand model number over phone.   Stopped by late yesterday evening & took temps.  Could not figure how to get draw out of bottom freezer to access back panel.   Had to look up Samurai's video, thankful for it.  Unit is suppose to be a couple of years old,  the sheet that comes with it is gone..

I am making early visit, 6:30 am this morning.   Manual has not been approved by Samurai as of yet, going to play it as it comes with what I was able to find out here.   At least I can get back panel off & get the unit defrosted with my steamer to buy some time.  

I was going to post the following:

----

Thankyou for correcting Reggie, Customer is an elderly, could not understand model number over phone. Stopped by late yesterday evening & took temps.

Uh huh.... you have to know what's coming next....

1)you mean you took a model number over the phone from someone you could not understand and did not verify it online?

2) You went to a repair without having a manual?

3) You did not verify the model number when at the site?

4) You came here requested a manual and either did not attempt to verify the model number or advise us you could not find the number anywhere. This would have saved at least one person I know from spending a lot of time in the wee hours of the morning futilely searching for info.

Typos are one thing, we all do that from time to time, but you are an excellent tech and because of your experience this is verging on negligence.

------

However, after having my morning coffee along with two decadent, warmed and butter drenched Krispy Kreme doughnuts, I decided not to post the above and simply ask whether you need further help?

• Like 2

I was going to post the following:

----

Uh huh.... you have to know what's coming next....

1)you mean you took a model number over the phone from someone you could not understand and did not verify it online?

2) You went to a repair without having a manual?

3) You did not verify the model number when at the site?

4) You came here requested a manual and either did not attempt to verify the model number or advise us you could not find the number anywhere. This would have saved at least one person I know from spending a lot of time in the wee hours of the morning futilely searching for info.

Typos are one thing, we all do that from time to time, but you are an excellent tech and because of your experience this is verging on negligence.

------

However, after having my morning coffee along with two decadent, warmed and butter drenched Krispy Kreme doughnuts, I decided not to post the above and simply ask whether you need further help?

I will take my lumps as I don't take lumps in my coffee

1)Took the call on the road, I do not have internet access while on windshield duty.

2)Did not have a manual & stopped by to try & defrost evaporator,  My phone diagnostic was defrost problem, cold freezer, warm fresh food.  Was ending day/evening & was close to home.  Thought I could save some spoiled food by at least defrosting with a steamer.   When I arrived I was able to defrost to some extent, blasted the back panel & the venting was able to defrost enough to get air flowing again.   Good customer service I would say.   By the way I had FF temp down to 40 this morning.

3)I did verify model, just can't read my on writing especially late at night.

4) Went to repair site & parts came up, must of typed in correctly there

Sorry about the wee hours I was up in the wee hours trying to download a manual  Went back on the call at 6:30am.  Thanks to samurai's You tube I was able to force defrost & melt it out.  Was able to get bottom drawer & tray out again thanks Samurai.  

So here I am with a whirlpool Gold working great cooling & freezing.   More questions to ask, recon that Jazz board needs to be replaced.   Will be back here late tonight.

Thank you for the comment.  I will try to refrain from being negligence.    Bottom line:  Customer (snow bird)   very happy about my service.    Peace :wink:

• Like 3

Great job! but remember, I said I was going to post that comment but changed my mind so I never did. lol

So here is the question.   Was able to force defrost,  unit was defrosting while I was detatching  bottom drawer from cabinet.   So best I understand Control (Jazz) needs to be replaced, defrost system works fine.  Defrost mode Shut off after 20-30 minutes, still had to use steamer to completely defrost.   Compressor & evap fan kicked in.  Unit had good cool air flow to FF compartment.

Left house with intention of ordering new board Monday.

Am I correct?

Or should I wait a week & check frost pattern again to see if unit is defrosting timely?

• Team Samurai

Replace the jazz board and install a plug-in surge suppressor, too.  According to my calculations, you have a 98.850987% chance of completely solving the problem.  It's an SOP no-brainer:  http://www.repairclinic.com/PartDetail/Main-Control-Board/12784415/1541423

Tons of these jazz board units in my service area.  I keep not one but TWO on rolling inventory because I go through 'em so fast.  

• Like 1

I agree with senor Samurai. It has come to a point where I would never go to a jazz board controlled fridge repair without taking a jazz board and a new p-trap with me. It's gonna be one of the two for sure. Frosting on the evap cover or temp problems ? You might as well take your steamer and a jazz board in the house with you when you first enter. Frost around the freezer door? You might as well take a new p-trap with you (or your knife to modify the duckbill if one is installed) when you first enter.

• Like 2

Going to order 2 Jazz boards.   Now point me towards the p-trap topics please.   Book says for a Maytag control board the job is priced at $390.  Is the consensus on this the same for the Jazz board?

• Team Samurai

Yes. And add $65 if you need to tear apart the freezer to defrost the evaporator.