Troubleshoot modern appliances with confidence…

Click here to check out our structured, online appliance repair training courses for rookies and experienced techs.

FAQs | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Podcast | Contact

Stay connected with us...

Samurai on Facebook - become a fan today! Sign up for our free newsletter and keep up with all things Appliantology. Subscribe to our YouTube channel for lots of appliance repair tips and help! Follow the Samurai on Twitter and get timely morsels of Appliantological Wisdom! Subscribe to our MST Radio podcast to learn secrets of the trade.
Guest FCWood

Frigidare Front Loader Gremlins

4 posts in this topic

I have a frigidare front loader, model #41739012890 that is about 6 yrs old.  As of this morning it has decided not to spin or drain, and as of this afternoon it now only operates in the wash mode, (i.e. left and right action in the tub. ) I guess this is good since it tells me that the belt is working and the motor is operating in both directions.   As I played with it today I did get it to sping on the delicate mode but all the water did not drain out.  I shut of the breaker to the washer in hope of re-setting somthing electronic and now I can not get the washer do do anthing but operate in the wash mode. 

I looked on other web sites for proable causes and feel the spin control board or timer switch could be the problem.  Should I be looking at anything else?

Help!!!!:yikes:

Need appliance parts? Call 877-803-7957 now!

Pull the wire harness off the speed control board and check for corroded or burnt connections. The tech sheet located inside the washer gives a detailed procedure for testing both the motor and the speed control board. I recommend that you not cut corners on these tests.

I would say, "Check for a plugged up pump first".....

If the water doesn't drain out it's never going to spin. Take the lower panel off and remove pump and check for coins or other debri plugging pump and or drain hose.

Very true, Willie.  Fro some reason, I thought the washer was draining on some cycles but not spinning on any of them.  Re-reading the post, I see that this was the late-night blearies kicking in. 

FC, the pump is in front, just behind the quarter panel:

frigidaireFL2.jpg?dc=4675451357248937695