Need appliance parts? Call 877-803-7957 now or use the parts search box:

Parts Search

Begin your journey to appliance repair mastery...

Click here to check out our structured, online appliance repair training courses for rookies and experienced techs.

FAQs | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Podcast | Contact

Stay connected with us...

Samurai on Facebook - become a fan today! Sign up for our free newsletter and keep up with all things Appliantology. Subscribe to our YouTube channel for lots of appliance repair tips and help! Follow the Samurai on Twitter and get timely morsels of Appliantological Wisdom! Subscribe to our MST Radio podcast to learn secrets of the trade.
silvertwo

Kenmore HE3t

19 posts in this topic

Got F02 followed by suds and F02. Washer was draining though.  Set to rinse an drain and then it was emptied. Cleaned filter by the pump and then the hose. Decided to run 'tide cleaner' through it the next day empty. Now getting F09 and tub is half full of water and thw washer just seems to spin.

Two questions:

1) Based on the manual I found inside the dryer it appears to be the pump. Does that sound like the correct diagnosis based on clear drainage?

2) How do I get the water out of the washer to replace the pump, assuming I made a decent diagnosis.

Thanks in advance. PS - I dont have the exact model number, because I didn't write it in the manual and I cant get the door out because it is filled with water. :wacko:

Need appliance parts? Call 877-803-7957 now!

Understood, but I can't get the door open to see the model number. It won't even unlock to let me open it and if it would all kinds of water would come out? Not sure what to do?

Get your wet vac and tweek open the pump cleanout and snatch the water as it dribbles out.  The technique is demonstrated here:  http://youtu.be/Gu9JGUatALs?t=1m28s

Tedious?  You bet!  But, that's why we professional appliantologists makes the big cabbage.  Yeah, buddy!  

Once the water is out of the way, cycle power to the washer (unplug, count 30 Mississippi's, then plug back in).  Wake up the control, start a cycle, then cancel it.  Door should clunk unlocked and you can open it to get your model number.  

Nice! I'll get going on that and report the serial number back, thanks.

Riddle me this ole fermented Grand master..  Now that they have changed the design of the newer model, and have no bottom access plate, so you can drain the pump as done in the vid, what advice would you now give??  Probably a simple question to answer for the great master, but the need of a sword ( a tool) is a must and many home owners dont posses this sword.

If just a bad pump or something jamming the pump but not a total line clog like a sock or panties then a wet/dry vacuum on the end of the drain hose works well to empty the machine.

Did one just yesterday. Put the unit into diagnostic mode to pump if out and water was barely trickling out the drain hose. Removed the bottom panel and did the wet vac to the clean out trick and, lo!, not but two baby socks caught in gookus trap!

On models with no bottom panel, the whole front of the machine has to be removed. Not as easy as the bottom panel but not that difficult, either.

Ok, that was pretty much bad a$$, I sucked the water out of the hose and was done in about 20 minutes and now I own a wet dry shop vac :rocker: .

The model number is 42936 200. What do you recommend as the next step?

Ok, that was pretty much bad a$$, I sucked the water out of the hose and was done in about 20 minutes and now I own a wet dry shop vac :rocker: .

The model number is 42936 200. What do you recommend as the next step?

Is that a 110.42936200 or a 417.42936200? Edited by micabay

Sorry, I should have included that, it is a Kenmore HE3T 110.42936200.

Run the diagnostic cycle on the tech sheet and tell us what happens.

Is there a link that you can direct me to that explains how to run through the diagnostic cycle? This is my first time through doing this so I'm very much learning as I go. Sorry for the novice questions...

Tech sheet is inside the washer down by the pump, pasted to the inside cabinet. You were just there using the wet vac. If it was a snake, it woulda bit ya!

Your correct, forgot I filed a few years ago after removing a sock from the filter...

I went through the diags. It made it to c:06 and stopped with a F02 error. Water was still in the machine. I also noticed a weird humming sound at c06.

What's ya thinking?

Ordered, says it will be at my door tommarow or its free. Either way I win. Thanks for the help, let ya know how it goes.

Thanks for the help!!! That did the trick.

A word to the wise, if the replacement pump doesnt come with a hose clamp, stop what your doin and go get one. Messed with the original clip for about 45 minutes and said the heck with it. Other than that it was a 10 minute job at the most.

What a site, very good help. Thanks again.

Great job!  Thanks for letting us know how it turned out.