Need appliance parts? Call 877-803-7957 now or use the parts search box:

Parts Search

Isn’t it time to know what you don’t know?

Click here to check out our structured, online appliance repair training courses for rookies and experienced techs.

FAQs | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Podcast | Contact

Stay connected with us...

Samurai on Facebook - become a fan today! Sign up for our free newsletter and keep up with all things Appliantology. Subscribe to our YouTube channel for lots of appliance repair tips and help! Follow the Samurai on Twitter and get timely morsels of Appliantological Wisdom! Subscribe to our MST Radio podcast to learn secrets of the trade.
dkimble69

Getting ready to tackle Kenmore 417 washer no spin cycle

31 posts in this topic

Right, there was water left in the tub.  It seems odd that both problems would happen at the same time though.  Hopefully I can find the latch assembly locally today.

Thanks for all the help!

Need appliance parts? Call 877-803-7957 now!

Wouldn't it tear up the pump if the strainer was left out?

No.  Depending on the object, coins will usually get caught in the bottom of the suction boot.  Long objects will simply jam the pump and it's a much easier repair to remove the object from the impeller than it is to remove and clean out the Dreamcatcher.  The pump is unharmed by this.  It also makes a great opportunity for customer education on emptying pockets.  

I was surprised when I took the boot off mine it was completely empty. There also was no strainer or coin catcher in it. There was also nothing in the impeller area.

I couldn't locate the door mechanism locally, today. They will have it for my by noon Monday.

Off to the laundry mat to keep the lady happy. She is still pissed at me cause I said I would fix it instead of calling the warenty people. Oh well, live and learn.

Thanks again guys for all the help! Will follow up after installing the door part.

I was surprised when I took the boot off mine it was completely empty. There also was no strainer or coin catcher in it. There was also nothing in the impeller area.

I couldn't locate the door mechanism locally, today. They will have it for my by noon Monday.

Off to the laundry mat to keep the lady happy. She is still pissed at me cause I said I would fix it instead of calling the warenty people. Oh well, live and learn.

Thanks again guys for all the help! Will follow up after installing the door part.

That same hose and pump was used for years before Frigidaire put that little cup thing in there and there was far less pump/no drain problems before. It causes more trouble then good so when I have one plugged up and the machine is not draining I take it out and leave it out.

I do the same thing, the first one of these I ran across was being used at a hospital and they where washing string mop heads.

It had a dryer stacked on top and also the new solid panel front, did it all from the back.