Need appliance parts? Call 877-803-7957 now or use the parts search box:

Parts Search

Learn Circuit Fu, the ancient lost art of appliance repair…

Click here to check out our structured, online appliance repair training courses for rookies and experienced techs.

FAQs | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Podcast | Contact

Stay connected with us...

Samurai on Facebook - become a fan today! Sign up for our free newsletter and keep up with all things Appliantology. Subscribe to our YouTube channel for lots of appliance repair tips and help! Follow the Samurai on Twitter and get timely morsels of Appliantological Wisdom! Subscribe to our MST Radio podcast to learn secrets of the trade.
TyAnn

Kenmore 70 series washer leak

4 posts in this topic

My boyfriend washed a load of laundry the other day and informed me today that the run in front of the washer was a little wet. When I went to look at it, the carpet was soaked, there was not water in the tub so that makes me believe it was a faulty part instead of a clog in the pipes or pump. Anyways I removed the casing for the machine and examined the pump and pipes for any cracks. Unfortunately I couldn't find any, then I removed the pump to see if it was a clog... and nothing there once again. I'm sure what else to look for. Any suggestions?

Need appliance parts? Call 877-803-7957 now!

What is the model number of the washer?

Eric

model # 110 20702 990

Series CJ5181012

With cabinet removed, set washer to fill and check for leaks around the water inlet valve assembly and hose from that assembly up to the tub inlet. If nothing found, let it fill a few inches and then switch to drain to check for leaks around pump and drain hoses. You will have to bypass the lid switch either by removing the switch and plugging into harness connector and operate manually or jump out the switch as per this video. It's ok to run all functions with cabinet removed.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XAnQ6Ovvnuc

Eric