Learn Circuit Fu, the ancient lost art of appliance repair…

Click here to check out our structured, online appliance repair training courses for rookies and experienced techs.

FAQs | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Podcast | Contact

Stay connected with us...

Samurai on Facebook - become a fan today! Sign up for our free newsletter and keep up with all things Appliantology. Subscribe to our YouTube channel for lots of appliance repair tips and help! Follow the Samurai on Twitter and get timely morsels of Appliantological Wisdom! Subscribe to our MST Radio podcast to learn secrets of the trade.
John Murphy

Maytag Sloped Front Dryer Mod # MDG4000BWW

11 posts in this topic

One of the roller and bearing assemblies froze up and spun on the roller shaft to such an extent that it has compromised the rear roller bracket that it was attached to. I believe that I need to replace the entire tumbler back assembly, however I can't seem to find that part. Any suggestions?

Thanks.

Need appliance parts? Call 877-803-7957 now!

Why do you feel you need to replace all that? Roller gone, understood. Axle that roller spins on? Those are super-hardened steel and usually do hold up to a beat-to-hell roller, but once in a long while need replacing. I've never heard of or seen damage beyond the axle, although this dryer is a poorly built design (in my opinion). Do you have the ability to take a picture? The whole back panel is shown here:

http://www.repairclinic.com/PartDetail/Rear-Bulkhead/33001801/516686?modelNumber=MDG4000BWW

The bracket that is spot welded onto the tumbler back assembly, that the roller shaft bolts onto, has lost it's integrity. There is a hole almost the size of a quarter that has developed around the hole the shaft goes through. i have a picture and I am trying to learn how to include it in this discussion.  

Post pic through 3rd party website like photo bucket.

i have a picture and I am trying to learn how to include it in this discussion.  

When you reply, click the light blue "More Reply Options" button below the reply box.  You'll go to a page with lots of other options, such as attaching photos.  

post-59895-0-13656000-1387329815_thumb.j

Does this picture tell the story?

Wow, that got punched out nice n' neat like a Greenlee hole punch!  Brother Sunlight called the dance steps on this one:  http://www.repairclinic.com/vwo4/PartDetail/Rear-Bulkhead/33001801/516686

365-day Return Policy: http://www.repairclinic.com/vwo4/Layer/Return-Policy

Parts are ordered...thanks

Parts received just before Xmas. I put everything back together yesterday and the dryer functions once again! Thanks to all ! 

Maple syrup???

Why... why that's just fine. :pint1: