Learn how to be your own tech line…

Click here to check out our structured, online appliance repair training courses for rookies and experienced techs.

FAQs | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Podcast | Contact

Stay connected with us...

Samurai on Facebook - become a fan today! Sign up for our free newsletter and keep up with all things Appliantology. Subscribe to our YouTube channel for lots of appliance repair tips and help! Follow the Samurai on Twitter and get timely morsels of Appliantological Wisdom! Subscribe to our MST Radio podcast to learn secrets of the trade.
applianceman97

Kitchen Aid Dishwasher KUDP01FLSS6

11 posts in this topic

Kitchen Aid dishwasher KUDP01FLSS6. Door cables keep breaking. I am replacing with the upgraded kit 8194001. I cant figure out why these keep breaking. Any ideas? 

Need appliance parts? Call 877-803-7957 now!

Are they breaking in the same spot every time?

Does the door move smoothly after you put the new link/roller kit in or is it kind of stiff?

Not sure if they are breaking in the spot. And yes door is smooth after install.

How frequently are they breaking?  When was the last time you installed the kit on this unit?

First one took 2 months to break. 2nd set broke in 2 weeks.

Either they're not getting installed right, rubbing up against something or there is a custom panel that is too heavy. Make sure you install the whole kit not just part of it. Then adjust where the roller is so that the door stays wherever you leave it at when you open it.

Either they're not getting installed right, rubbing up against something or there is a custom panel that is too heavy. Make sure you install the whole kit not just part of it. Then adjust where the roller is so that the door stays wherever you leave it at when you open it.

I will double check my install. Maybe I missed something. I have changed a ton of these so I'm sure that's not it but everyone makes mistakes. There is no custom panel. Thanks for the ideas everyone!

If you've got the updated rollers on there it has to be rubbing on something.

I just did a new one the other day, it was only about two years old, (I've never seen any go out that soon - this one even had the newer actual roller instead of fixed slide pulley).  Found they had some help from little critters!

Did you inspect for mouse droppings under dishwasher!

So after going back again I found the problem. The left cable was hooking on the bottom access cover when the door is shutting. It was just removing itself from the hinge. Had to do a little creative modifications but it's all fixed up! Thanks guys.

Good slam, applianceman!