Lost with the new appliances? The Samurai teaches you Circuit Fu…

Click here to check out our structured, online appliance repair training courses for rookies and experienced techs.

FAQs | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Podcast | Contact

Stay connected with us...

Samurai on Facebook - become a fan today! Sign up for our free newsletter and keep up with all things Appliantology. Subscribe to our YouTube channel for lots of appliance repair tips and help! Follow the Samurai on Twitter and get timely morsels of Appliantological Wisdom! Subscribe to our MST Radio podcast to learn secrets of the trade.
tpoindexter

Frigidaire Refrigerator fghb2844lfd

10 posts in this topic

No water at water dispenser or ice maker. Water valve is good. Water goes through filter fine. The tube coming from the filter goes back into the refrigerator on the back right side about middle ways down. I have water at this point.

Where the tubes go in the back 2 other tubes are coming out that then go down and supply the water valve. Water vavle has four solenoids and is good. It's just not getting water. I'm thinking it's freezing up where it goes in the back before coming back out and going to the valve.

Any one know of a service bulletin for this problem?  I wish I had taken a picture of the abortion Frigidaire created with all the tubing and valves on this thing.

Need appliance parts? Call 877-803-7957 now!

Either you have bad diodes on the wiring harness going to the water valves or you have a bad main power board.

is there DC voltage at each Water Valve when energized ?

120v AC   Green = Fresh Food Ice Maker Water Valve

120v AC   Yellow = Dispenser Water Valve

120v AC   Blue  =  Freezer Ice Maker Water Valve

whenever either of the above Valves are energized,

there should be some AC or DC voltage at the Main Water Valve

Brown = Main Water Valve

is there DC voltage at each Water Valve when energized ?

120v AC   Green = Fresh Food Ice Maker Water Valve

120v AC   Yellow = Dispenser Water Valve

120v AC   Blue  =  Freezer Ice Maker Water Valve

whenever either of the above Valves are energized,

there should be some AC or DC voltage at the Main Water Valve

Brown = Main Water Valve

When water dispenser is depressed

Main = 49.6 = brown

green = 32.4

yellow = 23

blue = 23.2

Edited by tpoindexter

Either you have bad diodes on the wiring harness going to the water valves or you have a bad main power board.

Would that be covered by warranty? this refr. is only 14 months old.

Update: Called customer and they said everything had started working about 4 -5 hours after I left.

They said, I really knew what I was talking about and they'd definatly be using me in the future.

Wow! I guess it's true that even a blind sow finds an acorn every once in awhile.

Here's they way the call actually went:

Went over and couldn't pull up tech sheet on the damned thing. Checked water valve then started follow the water flow to see where I was loosing water. Water was going into the back but not coming back out. I was lost at this point cause I didn't understand the plumbing without having to tear everything apart. Anyways I was suspecting it was frozen in the line somewhere and didn't know what the repair kit they'd come up with was so I needed to punt.

Told the customer what I thought was happening and that I didn't know what the fix they'd have come up with for the problem and needed to do some research and try and confirm the problem.

Turned the freezer temp from 0F to 6F and moved FF setting from 36 to 40F.

Again, wow!

I need some tutoring on frigidaire manuals. They confuse the shit out of me. Not actually reading them, but finding the right 1 so I can read and know it's actually for that model.

When water dispenser is depressed

Main = 49.6 = brown

green = 32.4

yellow = 23

blue = 23.2

are those voltage measurements made with all the Valves still electrically connected ?

(should be)

Edited by RegUS_PatOff

are those voltage measurements made with all the Valves still electrically connected ?

(should be)

measurements were made with wires disconnected from solenoid, meter leads slipped in the ends, and dispenser being depressed.

Edited by tpoindexter

Unless otherwise directed, ALL voltage measurements should be made with the devices connected.