Click here to check out this guide

FAQs | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Contact

DISCLOSURE: We may earn a commission when you use one of our coupons/links to make a purchase.
  • Upcoming Events

• 30 March 2024 02:00 PM Until 03:00 PM
      All Appliantology tech members are invited to join in this workshop on all things Appliantological: bidness, customers, tools, troubleshooting, flavorite brewski, whatever. Webcams and microphones are open and live!
      This workshop is also a great time for any students at Master Samurai Tech to bring any and all questions about the coursework. We're happy to walk through any concepts you're having trouble with. Think of it like office hours with your teachers. 
      If you have a specific appliance problem you'd like us to talk about, post it here! We need a problem statement and a PDF of the tech sheet or schematic so we can all see it on screen share. If you have a PDF that isn't already in the File library here at Appliantology, send it to us by attaching it to the contact form. 
      Also, follow this Calendar Event so you'll get notified of new posts here. Look for the "Follow" button either at the top of the topic on desktop or below the topic on mobile.
      Who: This workshop is only available to tech members at Appliantology.
      When: Saturday, March 30 @10:00 AM Eastern Time.
      Where: Online via Zoom
      How:
      Click here to go to the forum topic with the registration link. If you're interested, register now. Arrive a couple minutes early to make sure your connection is working. Set a reminder for yourself for this workshop so you don’t miss it.  And check out past workshops here: https://appliantology.org/announcement/33-webinar-recordings-index-page/

Whirlpool "Commercial" coin-op

MetalApplianceman

MetalApplianceman

I cant really call this commercial, the only thing changed is the motor pulley is metal not plastic. anyway i figure since the controls are mostly the same as the mvwc's  and all related machines, maybe someone has seen this before. after a power outage 4 of these machines have all the status lights on. not blinking either. i can get them into the diagnostic and run the test cycles and calibration but in 2 hours they turn all the lights on again and do not run at all. these are brand new(1 week old), anybody got anything besides changing the control board?

sorry model is CAE2743BQ0

Have you gone through the infamous "test #1" on the tech sheet?  At least it's test #1 on the civilian VMW's.  It has you check all the appropriate voltages on the board, etc.  I'd do that, if it all checked out good then Tech Line would be my next stop since they are a week old.

At risk of sounding silly, have you unplugged each for 5 minutes and replug and try? I know>. worth a shot.

• 1 month later...
MetalApplianceman

just to update this topic, it was a ground issue at the place they were at, brought to the shop they worked fine. the didnt fix their issue there but after a day went by, they went back to normal. these things are strange but they work fine now, just for future reference if you get caught up in one of these machines be sure to have that service manual first thing.

I did a home owners maytag vmw last weekend that would not spin or go into a diagnostic mode.  went back to basics & found an intermittent ground.  I found a receptacle an extension cord away & was able to put it into diagnostic mode & it passed .   Calibrated the machine & run a medium load thru normal cycle.    Finished cycle without a hitch.    Told them they need to get the ground problem fixed.   They probably will use an extension cord.

• 2 weeks later...

Ground is so important on these newer machines. If there is no ground they can do crazy things. Thanks for the update. I'm sure if it happened to a commercial machine it can happen to a household one as well. Now I know what open grounds to VMW machines do. I need to get into the habit of checking the outlet on every machine before iWork on it.

• Like 3