Learn how to be your own tech line…

Click here to check out our structured, online appliance repair training courses for rookies and experienced techs.

FAQs | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Podcast | Contact

Stay connected with us...

Samurai on Facebook - become a fan today! Sign up for our free newsletter and keep up with all things Appliantology. Subscribe to our YouTube channel for lots of appliance repair tips and help! Follow the Samurai on Twitter and get timely morsels of Appliantological Wisdom! Subscribe to our MST Radio podcast to learn secrets of the trade.
applianceman18007260692

HVAC

12 posts in this topic

Now is a good time to bust a move on HVAC, lots of new tech and old tech tips are out there. Lets get the ball rolling on this one. I have tons of questions about the new stuff and tons of answers about the old stuff.I would like to read about central unit gripes, heat pump nightmares  ,window unit woes, hot surface ignition ,etc.

Need appliance parts? Call 877-803-7957 now!

Great suggestion! Since I'm not all-knowing, all-touching, and all-smelling when it comes to HVAC, I'll need one or more of the Masters to volunteer to moderate the new forum. Any takers?

How do we get the ball rolling oh wise one?

[user=4554]applianceman18007260692[/user] wrote:

How do we get the ball rolling oh wise one?

Well, if you're volunteering to the be a moderator, all I need to do is create the forum. :cool:

I will volunteer to be the moderator and if anyone cares to join me please do! PS dont I need moderator training?

:D

Ok, applianceman, you've got the new HVAC forum. :dude:

You won't need any special moderator training... yet. Your main job as moderator will be to apply your vast and awesome expertise to answering HVAC questions. As the forum gains popularity and traffic, then we may need to explore your other god-like moderator powers. ;)

I do not see any recent postings. Is this thread still alive? I have some questions about HVAC.

Forum is just waiting for someone like you to ask a question...post away!!..:cool:

Thanks. Are there anyone of you, the handyman type, not the professional ones, ever installed a split central furnace/air system before? I am seriously considering putting a 4T Goodman system in. It seem easy enough. Applianceman thinks Goodman is a good unit. I'd love to learn from your experience. Any things will help. Are there anythings tricky about doing it myself? The reason for Goodman because that seems to be the only brand I can order online. Thanks in advance for your input.

ok I posted my question, now all I need is a guru to respond so I know who to send beer money to!  :D

I changed mine out 2 years ago.

3 1/2 ton rheem.

me and a friend w/ 12 pk. of heineken.

only part that was pain was ductwork.

Hey Applianceman,

what you want to know about hot surface ignition. I hope I can help you out.