Begin your journey to appliance repair mastery...

Click here to check out our structured, online appliance repair training courses for rookies and experienced techs.

FAQs | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Podcast | Contact

Stay connected with us...

Samurai on Facebook - become a fan today! Sign up for our free newsletter and keep up with all things Appliantology. Subscribe to our YouTube channel for lots of appliance repair tips and help! Follow the Samurai on Twitter and get timely morsels of Appliantological Wisdom! Subscribe to our MST Radio podcast to learn secrets of the trade.
Kiijo

Used freezer?

5 posts in this topic

I'm in the market for a used upright freezer, but I'm not sure what I should be looking for in a quality freezer.  I know I'm looking for something that's self defrosting, and I'd prefer something that is on the efficient side so that it does not spike my electricity bill.  I found a unit in my price range on Craigslist, and the manufacture date makes it a 13 year old freezer, but that's about all I know about it.  Here's the specifics, is it any good?  Thanks!!  

Rob

Sears Kenmore Upright Freezer

Manufactured  2-01

Model #253.20211002

Serial #WB10600913

Need appliance parts? Call 877-803-7957 now!

Frigidaire made...well past its prime in my opinion...you didn't say how much? No matter, chances are the food in it will be worth more than you paid so why chance it?

They're asking $125.

Any general guidance for the age of a used unit that would have a reasonable expectation to preform for me?  Brands to look for?  Brands to avoid?  Thanks again!

I guess I should mention my budget.  I'd like to stay under $250, but I'd be willing to go over that if I find something of high quality.  

topic moved to Used Appliance Emporium ========>

In my opinion you would be better off purchasing a brand new chest freezer, at least you will be getting a warranty with it.