Click here to check out our structured, online appliance repair training courses for rookies and experienced techs.

FAQs | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Contact

• Upcoming Events

• 30 March 2024 02:00 PM Until 03:00 PM
      All Appliantology tech members are invited to join in this workshop on all things Appliantological: bidness, customers, tools, troubleshooting, flavorite brewski, whatever. Webcams and microphones are open and live!
      This workshop is also a great time for any students at Master Samurai Tech to bring any and all questions about the coursework. We're happy to walk through any concepts you're having trouble with. Think of it like office hours with your teachers. 
      If you have a specific appliance problem you'd like us to talk about, post it here! We need a problem statement and a PDF of the tech sheet or schematic so we can all see it on screen share. If you have a PDF that isn't already in the File library here at Appliantology, send it to us by attaching it to the contact form. 
      Also, follow this Calendar Event so you'll get notified of new posts here. Look for the "Follow" button either at the top of the topic on desktop or below the topic on mobile.
      Who: This workshop is only available to tech members at Appliantology.
      When: Saturday, March 30 @10:00 AM Eastern Time.
      Where: Online via Zoom
      How:
      Click here to go to the forum topic with the registration link. If you're interested, register now. Arrive a couple minutes early to make sure your connection is working. Set a reminder for yourself for this workshop so you don’t miss it.  And check out past workshops here: https://appliantology.org/announcement/33-webinar-recordings-index-page/

Need JOB AID for Whirlpool D/W - new Global Wash System

Budget Appliance Repair

Whirlpool Dishwasher

Mod# WDT710PAYM3

Ser# F22918469

Did a search and only found service bulletin on checking the motor and the "Service updates" document.

Is there a Job-Aid out for these units yet?  If there is, could I please get it?

I don't need the tech sheet, I have it and have been studying it - need to go back and do some checks now that I kind of think I know what to check.

Basically need to know if the test points that are addressed on the tech sheet are accessible once the plastic connector cover bar is removed or if the cover has to be pulled off the CCU module to access the test points.

Thanks,

• Replies 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Budget Appliance Repair

• Samurai Appliance Repair Man

• Team Samurai

That's all there is right now.  No Job Aid.  May never be one.  Whirlpool is cutting back on its tech doc production and relying more on getting the info out to servicers via training (ASTI, webinars, regionals, etc.) and service updates.  

OK, thanks.

I will wing it, I have a feeling it's a bad touch pad, (only 1 1/2 years old) - completely dead nothing works, (they said it worked for one cycle between times of being dead), vent gasket to outer door vent area was all out of place so very good chance vapor has been entering touchpad area.

It has 120 volts to CCU and I checked that door switch is OK.  I was in a hurry, never worked on one of these before and had a house full of screaming kids - making it hard to concentrate on the techsheet and didn't see any keypad ribbon pin outs to test, (after studying techsheet, I see that it is the same as older models - disconnect keypad - power up - if pump out runs for 2 minutes then it's a bad keypad - it doesn't flash stuck keys like the older models just alerts if START/RESUME or CANCEL keys are stuck).