Click here to check out our structured, online appliance repair training courses for rookies and experienced techs.

FAQs | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Contact

• Upcoming Events

• 30 March 2024 02:00 PM Until 03:00 PM
      All Appliantology tech members are invited to join in this workshop on all things Appliantological: bidness, customers, tools, troubleshooting, flavorite brewski, whatever. Webcams and microphones are open and live!
      This workshop is also a great time for any students at Master Samurai Tech to bring any and all questions about the coursework. We're happy to walk through any concepts you're having trouble with. Think of it like office hours with your teachers. 
      If you have a specific appliance problem you'd like us to talk about, post it here! We need a problem statement and a PDF of the tech sheet or schematic so we can all see it on screen share. If you have a PDF that isn't already in the File library here at Appliantology, send it to us by attaching it to the contact form. 
      Also, follow this Calendar Event so you'll get notified of new posts here. Look for the "Follow" button either at the top of the topic on desktop or below the topic on mobile.
      Who: This workshop is only available to tech members at Appliantology.
      When: Saturday, March 30 @10:00 AM Eastern Time.
      Where: Online via Zoom
      How:
      Click here to go to the forum topic with the registration link. If you're interested, register now. Arrive a couple minutes early to make sure your connection is working. Set a reminder for yourself for this workshop so you don’t miss it.  And check out past workshops here: https://appliantology.org/announcement/33-webinar-recordings-index-page/

Fridgidaire FRS23KR4AW6 manufactured 2002 Manual Request

brm

back in Nov this customer first had someone out for a ff frzing issue, i determined it to be a damper, replaced it cheked  it as to its opening and closing when i put it in.

went back today and the new one is stuck open, i turned the dial the damper dos not move, no audible motor at all?

i snapped a pic of fridge side control, thinking it may missed wired.

post-82511-0-38570700-1392931647_thumb.j

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• brm

• Samurai Appliance Repair Man

Popular Days

• Team Samurai

The service manual won't be of much use to you on this one.  But I would refer you to Brother Durham's fine Frigidaire Refrigerator Survival Kit:  http://appliantology.org/blog/15/entry-748-frigidaire-refrigerator-survival-kit/

If it's been working since November, then it's highly unlikely that you missed a wire. More likely on this model is that one of the other associated controls have gone bad. Interestingly, on the FRS26 models, Frigidaire has you simply gut all the controls with this kit Part number: AP5176342

Part number: AP5176342

Unfortunately, that kit does not apply to the FRS23 models. Instead, you will need to replace the fresh food cold control Part number: AP2116225

Part number: AP2116225

and the ADC board Part number: AP4909015

Part number: AP4909015

thank you GM

the customer said the first company out, had changed the ff control and had been there 5 times and the frzing issue had never been resolved.

when i got there the damper was stuck open & motor did not run. i changed the damper & today 4 days later i find the same problem, the new damper is stuck open & motor dos not run. so i thought (guess) maybe he missed wired it.

but gust thinking out loud, the new ADC & wire harness it should do it, cuss as i remember the damper is rewired  with that wire harness, having only one side of the damper wired, the old wire harness is whats on there now.

thank you agin

the Frigidaire Refrigerator Survival Kit: that is amazing thank you 

from Service Manual # 5995352423 i found on pg.19 that  the FF control is missed wired.

which leads to the question do you think the damper i just put in, shud it be replaced again with the parts you forementioned ???

• Team Samurai

At this point, you don't know what you're dealing with.  And I still wonder why they waited so long to call you back if that were really the problem.  And then it gets into the who did what.  But, since you were the last one to touch it, you own it.  

You could try correcting the wiring and see if that fixes it.  But you have to ax yourself, "Self, what's my time worth?  More importantly, what's the customer's opinion of me worth?"  

FWIW, if it were me, I would gut the beast, making sure I fixed it in the very next trip and not get a callback in another couple of months.