Click here to check out this guide.

FAQs | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Contact

DISCLOSURE: We may earn a commission when you use one of our coupons/links to make a purchase.
  • Upcoming Events

• 30 March 2024 02:00 PM Until 03:00 PM
      All Appliantology tech members are invited to join in this workshop on all things Appliantological: bidness, customers, tools, troubleshooting, flavorite brewski, whatever. Webcams and microphones are open and live!
      This workshop is also a great time for any students at Master Samurai Tech to bring any and all questions about the coursework. We're happy to walk through any concepts you're having trouble with. Think of it like office hours with your teachers. 
      If you have a specific appliance problem you'd like us to talk about, post it here! We need a problem statement and a PDF of the tech sheet or schematic so we can all see it on screen share. If you have a PDF that isn't already in the File library here at Appliantology, send it to us by attaching it to the contact form. 
      Also, follow this Calendar Event so you'll get notified of new posts here. Look for the "Follow" button either at the top of the topic on desktop or below the topic on mobile.
      Who: This workshop is only available to tech members at Appliantology.
      When: Saturday, March 30 @10:00 AM Eastern Time.
      Where: Online via Zoom
      How:
      Click here to go to the forum topic with the registration link. If you're interested, register now. Arrive a couple minutes early to make sure your connection is working. Set a reminder for yourself for this workshop so you don’t miss it.  And check out past workshops here: https://appliantology.org/announcement/33-webinar-recordings-index-page/

Frigidaire model fccw3000fs2 Starter slide activater

roadrr

ok so here`s the problem I have a commercial Frigidaire model fccw3000fs2 washer, when people put quarters in the "slots" and slide them in to trip the starter slide and pushes the activater the washer don`t start all the time, if I take the top off the coin box and manually advance it will work. its done this about 4 times is the last week. do the starter slide activaters go bad? or is it another issue, anyway to test the unit, ideas? solutions?. thanks

Never been able to confirm this, but the only way I have figured this happens, (I've had it happen multiple times in one laundry room - explained to owners to check and fix themselves).

The commercial Frigidaire coin accumulator is designed so that you can make it take from 1 to 7, (or maybe 8), pushes of the coin slide before it can start.   This is so that you can make it take more money then one push of the filled coinslide to start a cycle, (IE: you have a coin slide that can only be made to take $1.00 max and you want a wash to cost $2.00 you set the selector cam on the accumulator to 2.  You then have to put $1.00 in the coinslide - push it in, put another $1.00 in coinslide - push it in, then push start).

My only explanation is someone puts the money in and pushes the slide, forgets they put the money in and fills the slide and pushes it in again.   If this happens it moves the start cam lever out of the dip in the cam and then you have to push the lever 6 or 7 more times to make it come back to the correct starting spot.

The correct starting spot is with the cam lever just starting up the ramp of the flag pointer just before the dip in the cam.  One push of the coinslide turns the cam and the cam lever drops into the dip on the cam, ready for start to be pushed.

There's no way that I know of to keep this from happening, it's user error.

Edited by Budget Appliance Repair
  • Like 1

Never been able to confirm this, but the only way I have figured this happens, (I've had it happen multiple times in one laundry room - explained to owners to check and fix themselves).

The commercial Frigidaire coin accumulator is designed so that you can make it take from 1 to 7, (or maybe 8), pushes of the coin slide before it can start.   This is so that you can make it take more money then one push of the filled coinslide to start a cycle, (IE: you have a coin slide that can only be made to take $1.00 max and you want a wash to cost $2.00 you set the selector cam on the accumulator to 2.  You then have to put $1.00 in the coinslide - push it in, put another $1.00 in coinslide - push it in, then push start).

My only explanation is someone puts the money in and pushes the slide, forgets they put the money in and fills the slide and pushes it in again.   If this happens it moves the start cam lever out of the dip in the cam and then you have to push the lever 6 or 7 more times to make it come back to the correct starting spot.

The correct starting spot is with the cam lever just starting up the ramp of the flag pointer just before the dip in the cam.  One push of the coinslide turns the cam and the cam lever drops into the dip on the cam, ready for start to be pushed.

There's no way that I know of to keep this from happening, it's user error.

i agree with your theory as i have run into this many times, i often show the landlord how to reset it themselves, the only other way i see this happening is the user pushes the slide in far enough for the coins to fall thru but not far enough to fully move the cam lever into start position

But if that was what happened then the next push of the slide with a new load of coins would make it work.

The only way for the cam to go past the start dip in the cam is to fully push the accumulator lever more then once.