Need appliance parts? Call 877-803-7957 now or use the parts search box:

Parts Search

Tired of guessing on service calls?

Click here to check out our structured, online appliance repair training courses for rookies and experienced techs.

FAQs | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Podcast | Contact

Stay connected with us...

Samurai on Facebook - become a fan today! Sign up for our free newsletter and keep up with all things Appliantology. Subscribe to our YouTube channel for lots of appliance repair tips and help! Follow the Samurai on Twitter and get timely morsels of Appliantological Wisdom! Subscribe to our MST Radio podcast to learn secrets of the trade.
microphony

Frigidaire Washer FTF2140ES0 intermittent spin no spin

1 post in this topic

Oh honorable teacher,

I have read the posts and am seeking guidance.  

I have a Frigidaire Washer that was not spinning. I read the post and checked the coin catcher (made my self a handsome $2.25 in coins) As it was noted in another post, I turned on the machine and unplugged it and I was able to open the door.

I replaced the door lock, and five minutes later all was working.

Life was good.

A week later, the washer stopped spinning mid cycle. I ran the diagnostics and got E52 = "bad signal from tacho generator"

Now, I need to "Disconnect the plug from the drive motor and measure the resistance pins 4&5 in the motor"

umm, I'm not sure how to get to the drive motor, or where the 4 & 5 pins are.

Also, the washing machine has just complete a load of laundry while I was typing this, so it's an intermittent problem.

Thank you.

measure the resistance pins 4 & 5 in the motor.

Need appliance parts? Call 877-803-7957 now!