Need appliance parts? Call 877-803-7957 now or use the parts search box:

Parts Search

Check out our online tech training courses at Master Samurai Tech…

Click here to check out our structured, online appliance repair training courses for rookies and experienced techs.

FAQs | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Podcast | Contact

Stay connected with us...

Samurai on Facebook - become a fan today! Sign up for our free newsletter and keep up with all things Appliantology. Subscribe to our YouTube channel for lots of appliance repair tips and help! Follow the Samurai on Twitter and get timely morsels of Appliantological Wisdom! Subscribe to our MST Radio podcast to learn secrets of the trade.
Ralph Brooks

Roper rax7245aw0, acting funny, water won't stop, finish cycle

33 posts in this topic

Is that with the timer disconnected?  What do you mean the back off?  The washer back should not come off.  The console rotates up so you can access it.  Take out two screws on left and right front of console.  Pull console forward and rotate up.  Remove two big clips on washer top located toward the back and on the left and right.  Then the whole top and sides and front rotate forward and slide off.

Doc

Need appliance parts? Call 877-803-7957 now!

Well, I traced the solenoid behavior back to a pink wire that was live 120v coming out of the pressure switch, and in turn to a violent wire that was live feeding the pressure switch.  All these violets terminate at the plug.

Finally, after already tearing the back off and swearing a lot and testing the lid switch, I took a good hard look at the wires in the big black plug.

See anything wrong with this picture?

242hjt3.jpg

Looks like our primary got warm enough that it merged with the violet wire.  Explains why the push/pull wasn't affecting anything.

Now the big kicker is WHY did it happen?  I know I can split these up and isolate them and make them run again.  Just at a loss as to what could have been the culprit.  I'd hate to magma the thing good next time.

Apparently I took it apart the wrong way.  Whoops

...annnnd now the lid front and sides will not go back on.  At all.  I either get the back section aligned and the front sticking up, or the front section down and the back splayed out where it won't connect.

Easy my hind end.

I've come up on messes like this before.  It's hard enough to fix if you know how and really hard if you don't.  Be patient.  Maybe someone has a link to a video that shows how it goes.  Google taking a whirlpool direct drive washer apart.  Heat is usually caused by a loose connection or a loose contact.  check the pins on the connector.  Good job finding the problem, sorry about not thinking to tell you to disconnect the timer before buying one.  You would be excused for the miss diagnosis and get a full refund at parts pros.  Live and learn, thanks for the lesson.  This little bit will hopefully help someone else along the way.  Again, Good Job! :pint1: After you get it all back together, have a cold one for me.

Doc

The front has to go under the lip on the bottom front frame and the sides go up and then in to fit some tabs in some slots on the sides.  You really need 3 hands and when you get an old corroded body that won't stay straight it is really a difficult task.  Good luck

Thanks for the picture!

Doc

Managed to get it! It was a case of me trying to force it.  Once I tilted it and allowed it to fall into place, it was much easier.

Thank you SO MUCH appliance gurus!

Good Job, and like I said, sorry about the timer.  Glad you stayed with it and figured it out.  Have one on us! :pint1:

Doc