LIMITED TIME OFFER: Use code 10YEARS10 to get 10% off your Appliantology membership. Click here for more ×
Click here to check out our structured, online appliance repair training courses for rookies and experienced techs.

FAQs | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Contact

DISCLOSURE: We may earn a commission when you use one of our coupons/links to make a purchase.
  • Upcoming Events

No upcoming events found

Can I replace the motor in the bathroom fan from below?

Chris Shearer Cooper

Chris Shearer Cooper

I've got a Braun bathroom fan (model S80U) whose motor is making the most unpleasant sounds.  As it is 10+ years old, this is not surprising!

Can I replace the motor from the bathroom side (below)?  Or is this something that has to happen from the attic side (above)?

Thanks,

Chris

• Replies 1
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Chris Shearer Cooper

• MA tech.

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

All service is done from inside the bathroom. Take the grille down and pretty self explanatory. Good news is likely be able to go to the local Home Depot and get a replacement motor. They have them on the shelf. you don't need to buy the whole set up. Easy job just take your time, be careful and as always be on the safe side and trip the breaker to kill power. Reverse polarity can be a bitch when not expecting it. So kill it first.

Good luck.