Need appliance parts? Call 877-803-7957 now or use the parts search box:

Parts Search

Check out our online tech training courses at Master Samurai Tech…

Click here to check out our structured, online appliance repair training courses for rookies and experienced techs.

FAQs | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Podcast | Contact

Stay connected with us...

Samurai on Facebook - become a fan today! Sign up for our free newsletter and keep up with all things Appliantology. Subscribe to our YouTube channel for lots of appliance repair tips and help! Follow the Samurai on Twitter and get timely morsels of Appliantological Wisdom! Subscribe to our MST Radio podcast to learn secrets of the trade.
herfdog

GE dbl, oven ZET2S0L1SS runaway temps both ovens

4 posts in this topic

Both ovens seem to be heating all the time going way over set temps while display reads 100º.

Put into diagnostic mode and got error F cd 95 which is not listed in manual or mini-manual. Ran manual test mode on all functions--everything worked properly although I couldn't distinguish hi from lo fan speeds in lower oven. Although, I don't see how that is pertinent to this issue.

Also checked both oven sensors even though it is highly unlikely they both went out simultaneously. They checked out at 1090 ohms at room temp--okay. My guess is the ERC is the cause. What do you guys think?

Need appliance parts? Call 877-803-7957 now!

check connector cn7. It connects to both upper and lower temp encoder boards as well as relays for both upper ovens. That's the only thing I see other than the ERC that can affect both ovens equally without there being a double failur. ie both encoder or both relays failing.

Edited by DurhamAppliance

I agree.  Both ovens have their own relay board and, while it's possible both boards are bad, it's very unlikely.  The specific components that would have to go bad on each relay board to create the conditions you're seeing are both the bake and broil relays on BOTH boards.  The chances of that happening are about the same as winning the lottery.  

The logic board is common to both ovens and it's possible it got its little silicon brains scrambled by a power surge.  Part number: AP3949476

Part number: AP3949476