Learn how to be your own tech line...

Click here to check out our structured, online appliance repair training courses for rookies and experienced techs.

FAQs | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Podcast | Contact

Stay connected with us...

Samurai on Facebook - become a fan today! Sign up for our free newsletter and keep up with all things Appliantology. Subscribe to our YouTube channel for lots of appliance repair tips and help! Follow the Samurai on Twitter and get timely morsels of Appliantological Wisdom! Subscribe to our MST Radio podcast to learn secrets of the trade.
TommyJenkins

GE Side refrigerator Model #: GSH25JFXB WW. The freezer is cold but the fridge is not

5 posts in this topic

I unplugged the unit to let it defrost. After a day I plugged it back in and it seemed to be working. However, after a couple of days the problem was back, the freezer side is cold while the fridge side is not.

Need appliance parts? Call 877-803-7957 now!

You have a failure in your automatic defrost system.   Test evap thermistor, defrost heater, defrost limit, drainage and mainboard

An easy test for DIYers is to disassemble the freezer and see if the defrost heater is schmutzed up and burned out.  If it is, go with the obvious problem and fix it first.  Part number: AP3183311

Part number: AP3183311

Better yet, use the new double heater for better defrosting Part number: AP4355467

Part number: AP4355467

I think that double heater is shorter, for the 22 cu.Ft models. I don't think they interchange.

I think you're right, vee8.  I've used the double heater to replace a single heater in a GSS23 before when you look up the defrost heater, they specifically call out the new double as the replacement for the single.  You'd think the GSS23 would be narrower than the GSS25.  I'll never understand the mind of GE when it comes to their models.