Need appliance parts? Call 877-803-7957 now or use the parts search box:

Parts Search

Learn how to troubleshoot like a Master Samurai Tech...

Click here to check out our structured, online appliance repair training courses for rookies and experienced techs.

FAQs | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Podcast | Contact

Stay connected with us...

Samurai on Facebook - become a fan today! Sign up for our free newsletter and keep up with all things Appliantology. Subscribe to our YouTube channel for lots of appliance repair tips and help! Follow the Samurai on Twitter and get timely morsels of Appliantological Wisdom! Subscribe to our MST Radio podcast to learn secrets of the trade.
ChrisandCheryl

Maytag Bravos washer (MTW6600TQ0) F70 code

8 posts in this topic

While back ago my wife and daughter said they were having problems getting the washer to program at the start of a wash (lights flickering, some controls not working) and also having issues with the washer during a wash cycle (washer stopping in the middle of cycles, not draining).  But now that problem has somewhat disappeared.  Now the only problem I see with washer now, it the spin cycle - guestimated at about 1 bazillion RPMs no matter on what the spin cycle is set on.  Which I didn’t think was much of an issue....faster the better, less work for the dryer in the long run?  However I don’t think the wife appreciated the state that her North face jacket came out of a finished load last night.  So I guess I better fix it.

I am able to get the washer into the diagnostic mode, F70 error.  But I don’t have any documentation on exactly how to test the washer in the diagnostic mode nor do I claim to be an appliance guru and properly use the diagnostic mode. I checked the drum area for any foreign objects that may have flown out during takeoff - didn’t see any.   I did check and reseat all the connections going into the control board (didn’t see anything loose), but that is far as I have gone.  Any ideas would be much appreciated, I think a new board is in the $ 300.00 range and I'll be happy to replace - but just want to make sure...$ 300.00 could buy a lot of beer…or maybe another North face jacket.

Need appliance parts? Call 877-803-7957 now!

4207842940_8c8522a241_o.png

in my experience the most likely culprit is the MCU

Guys, this is the Cabrio top-loader, not the Duet front loader.  F70 in these machines is the same as the oL error code.  

Probably a stuck tub, not lifting with water fill.  Do the standard tear down and remove the cheese grater from the outer tub.  If it won't come out, you done found the problem, budrow.  

damm whirlpool and there lack of continuity with codes between platforms, but yes check the basket to be stuck on tub

oops, so it is. make sure you are using the right amount of HE detergent.

Guys, this is the Cabrio top-loader, not the Duet front loader.  F70 in these machines is the same as the oL error code.  

Probably a stuck tub, not lifting with water fill.  Do the standard tear down and remove the cheese grater from the outer tub.  If it won't come out, you done found the problem, budrow.

Can you maybe give me a quick pointer on if the tub is stuck.  How do you go about getting it unstuck?

Some tips here:

gallery_4_5_214916.png