Need appliance parts? Call 877-803-7957 now or use the parts search box:

Parts Search

Lost with the new appliances? The Samurai teaches you Circuit Fu…

Click here to check out our structured, online appliance repair training courses for rookies and experienced techs.

FAQs | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Podcast | Contact

Stay connected with us...

Samurai on Facebook - become a fan today! Sign up for our free newsletter and keep up with all things Appliantology. Subscribe to our YouTube channel for lots of appliance repair tips and help! Follow the Samurai on Twitter and get timely morsels of Appliantological Wisdom! Subscribe to our MST Radio podcast to learn secrets of the trade.
Adam Ant

Samsung WF419 Vibration & Shutdown

5 posts in this topic

I've got a Samsung WF419AAW with 680 loads under its belt. It started leaving the clothes wet and I realized that it was sounding unbalanced in spin cycle and was shutting down (no fault codes). I went into service mode and tested the spin. It went to 650 rpm before stopping and the vibration started at around 500 rpm.

Thinking I needed a new drum/bearing, I tested it by grabbing the inner drum and shaking it around. Everything seems tight and quiet.

I found a related post here and it was mentioned that it could be a mainboard or hall sensor - maybe even a VRT ring...

I've got the thing partially disassembled. The front is off and the rotor is off the motor. I was hoping I could check the bearing from there.

At this point, is there anything I can check to definitively tell me what the problem is? I was going to pull the drum out to check the bearing, but it seems like it would be a real bear...

Thanks!

Need appliance parts? Call 877-803-7957 now!

On a related note...

Do I need to remove the outer drum in order to check the bearing? Do I need to separate the two halves of the outer drum in order remove the inner drum and check the bearing?

Also, is a bad bearing easy to spot? And lastly, can I check the Hall Sensor or mainboard through the diagnostics?

Thanks!

I just wanted to follow up on the problem and the fix...

After playing around trying to figure out what was causing the vibration, I put the inner drum back in the rear outer tub. When I spun it, I saw the edge moving up and down about 1/2". I checked the drum for out-of-round and found it to be fine. Then, I checked the shaft on the spider and found it was a bit bent (not noticable without a level and square).

I bought a new spider and saved my washer.

Great find!!!