Learn how to troubleshoot like a Master Samurai Tech...

Click here to check out our structured, online appliance repair training courses for rookies and experienced techs.

FAQs | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Podcast | Contact

Stay connected with us...

Samurai on Facebook - become a fan today! Sign up for our free newsletter and keep up with all things Appliantology. Subscribe to our YouTube channel for lots of appliance repair tips and help! Follow the Samurai on Twitter and get timely morsels of Appliantological Wisdom! Subscribe to our MST Radio podcast to learn secrets of the trade.
tars

ge wall oven

10 posts in this topic

no model number, the sticker is badly worn off. the oven door lock keeps locking and unlocking. As it does this the oven lock is light up on the display, i replaced the door lock about two months ago for the same exact problem so I'm sure this one is out again. My question is why does this keep happening? 

Need appliance parts? Call 877-803-7957 now!

are you using the self clean cycle?

cam, two microswitches. the one that tells it to stop not working?

Or a door switch interlock?

no , self cleaning is not being used. it happens when the oven is being used though.

cam, two microswitches. the one that tells it to stop not working?

Well that didn't make sense. The cam on these normally has 2 microswitches, one of which tells it to stop turning...

is there a tech sheet behind the control panel?

Any idea how old it is? Is this a wall oven? Can you get a picture of the oven?  

I had a wall oven doing this due to a bad connection on the molex plug on the back of the oven. I thought it was a bad control since all the switches were working, and the switches didn't stop the lock motor, it just told the control to stop the motor. I was sure it had a bad control so I replaced that and found it didn't fix the  problem. After looking in to it more and spending some time on the GE tech line we found a terminal on a molex plug that pulled out of the plug.

and where was the molex with the wire pulled out?

update, i went back out there intending to replace the door lock assembly again. it turns out there was a tco that was open on the vent fan citcuit. after i replaced that, everything went back to normal. go figure.