Need appliance parts? Call 877-803-7957 now or use the parts search box:

Parts Search

The days of Monkey Boy Service Calls are over...

Click here to check out our fun short course and learn how to get the most out of Appliantology.

FAQs | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Podcast | Contact

Stay connected with us...

Samurai on Facebook - become a fan today! Sign up for our free newsletter and keep up with all things Appliantology. Subscribe to our YouTube channel for lots of appliance repair tips and help! Follow the Samurai on Twitter and get timely morsels of Appliantological Wisdom! Subscribe to our MST Radio podcast to learn secrets of the trade.
Hlywdbling

MODEL WFW70HEBWO

15 posts in this topic

I have called whirlpool and they are no help. My control light is stuck on so my washer won't work. By the manual, it looks like I should push the EXTRA RINSE button for the 3-5 seconds and it should shut off. I have tried this numerous times, unplugged it thinking I would re-boot it like a computer. I have read other peoples similar problems but I don't have the button that they're referring to. Can you help me? I bought this duet in 8/2013 and am a bit underwhelmed right now. I think it needs a new computer? Thank you

Edited by DurhamAppliance
completed model number in topic title

Need appliance parts? Call 877-803-7957 now!

Please post your complete model number as it appears on the nomenclature tag on the machine.

The model #WFW70HEBW0, serial #C31050941

Whirlpool keeps telling me to unplug it and plug it back in. 

Thank You

the extra rinse button held for 3 seconds should toggle the control lock. If this is not happening, then I would suspect a board failure. Let's see if we can get some other masters to comment on this...

Thank you for your help! 

Will any of the buttons change any of the settings? It could be the board like Durham stated above. Do you have a service manual for your unit? You can try accessing diagnostic mode. If diagnostic mode will not enter then that usually will confirm a new control is needed.

I have tried all the cycle buttons and it flashes 3 times and then is solid red.  I have turned it off for 2 hours and the light won't go out.  I have a service manual but am trying to find where it mentions diagnostic mode?

are you certain you have the service manual as opposed to the owner's manual? Diagnostic mode is described in numerous locations. If you don't see it, then you don't have a service manual

Oh, I am looking in the owners manual.  I think this might be a job for someone beside a woman that knows NOTHING about electronics!  I was hoping this could be something easy that I could fix and go about doing a load of clothes and get on with my day. It's been this way since Thursday and know one can come out until Monday afternoon. :(

Don't try to do to much to it before they come out to service it and if you do, DO NOT TELL THEM YOU DID ANYTHING!!!!

It is still under the 1 year manufacture full parts & labor warranty according to your purchase date if you have your sales info.  If you don't have your receipt to prove date of sale they may go by build date which would be (March 2013) which they may try to say it's out of warranty.

Thanks all for your help.  You are awesome.  They say they're going to charge me for the service call but that's a whole other fight!

Should be completely under warranty! Who did you call for service? The store you bought it from or whirlpool directly. I would call whirlpool.

It is still under the 1 year manufacture full parts & labor warranty according to your purchase date if you have your sales info.  If you don't have your receipt to prove date of sale they may go by build date which would be (March 2013) which they may try to say it's out of warranty.

Good Catch Budget!

if its less then one year old and you have a authorized service provide service the only way you would be charged for service if is you are using the appliance wrong or its installed improperly((cust instruct/education) the manufacturer only covers defects with there product, not defects with customers)

But from what you describe you are doing everything properly the machine is malfunctioning

Good Catch Budget!

Thank you for that. 

if its less then one year old and you have a authorized service provide service the only way you would be charged for service if is you are using the appliance wrong or its installed improperly((cust instruct/education) the manufacturer only covers defects with there product, not defects with customers)

But from what you describe you are doing everything properly the machine is malfunctioning

Thank you and that makes me feel better.  It really shouldn't be that complicated....

Good Catch Budget!

I have my receipt and am prepared for battle.  Should have stuck with a basic (no computers) and life would be much simpler but this machine is wonderful for what it can do!

Should be completely under warranty! Who did you call for service? The store you bought it from or whirlpool directly. I would call whirlpool.

I called Whirpool and they told me to unplug it so it could re set itself.  By talking with you, and others, this would not have fixed the problem!